Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Winter Fun Tag

I was asked it I had wanted to join a tag swap hosted by my friend Stephanie.
Stephanie usually put on art journal challenges for each other, but we kind of slacked on this last year.
My friend Debbie and I decided to join in!!!
The theme was "Winter in Thunder Bay" and was to be created with our mixed medium supplies.
When I first heard the theme, I thought of skating because I loved to skate as a young girl and taught myself some pretty awesome moves, teehee.






















 Here is my completed tag.
I used a white tag and used a tree stencil and used distress ink for the background.
I then used a stencil with tiny dots and added glass bead gel to make the tiny snowflakes.
I wanted to add some stars as I enjoyed skating at night...but I didn't have some....but figured it is art, so I made the wood veneer snowflakes into my stars :)
Lastly I added the 1/2 crystals to the background.























I also used Wink of Stella on the ice.
It is hard to see in this photo, but it is there.






















Copic was having a colour challenge.
It was to use only 3 colours.
This month the colours were BV02, B91 and V17.
Besides her hair and skin colour those are the only 3 colours I used on this adorable Angie Blom image from her Angiegirl collection.
I LOVE her images.






















Here is my completed tag.
Guess what....I also did a process video on how I made this tag!!
It has been awhile since I did a process video.
If you would like to watch it on my YouTube channel, just click on the link "Tracy's Treasures24"

Thank you so much for coming to visit me on my blog today.
I hope you all have a very Creative Day :)

Tracy 💗

5 comments:

  1. She's a cutie & I expect her to jump & spin at any moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous!! I love the skater and the colors!! The texture is fabulous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! It turned out wonderful! I love the winter colors and your ice skater girl image... lots of great texture too!!!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great challenge!! and The Tag is even better !! Love the layers and process video - I meant to ask - where did you find the copic challenge? that sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)