Monday, July 3, 2017

Happy 150 Canada!!!!

July 1st is Canada's 150th Birthday!!!
I always thought I was special being born on a Centennial year  ;)
What better way to celebrate Canada's birthday then spending it out doors in this beautiful country I am lucky enough to call home.
So off to the cottage we went with plenty of food, family and fun.























We will start with the food :)
Ashley came up with the idea that each of us was to bring a food for Canada Day that was red and white (as those are our Canadian colours)
I brought potato salad, Tyler made brochette and Wayne made hamburgers (we added a Canadian flag to the burgers as they really aren't red and white)






















We had many desserts ;)
Ashley make angle food cake with strawberries and whipped cream. Heather made Oreo bark with red and white chocolate. Blake made peanut butter and jam cheese cake. And Kristy made red velvet cookies with chocolate chips as well as red velvet chocolate balls.
Lets just say there was no calorie counting this weekend, teehee.

















The best part of the weekend was being able to spend so much time with my family.
I love when we are all able to get together...I am one lucky mom and grandma.

















Here is Heather and her daddy :)
They both don't like to get their photos taken, but they were game this weekend.

















Kristy and her boyfriend (of 7 years) Blake.






















Ashley and her husband Tyler and baby Sawyer...and of course Oscar their doggy.






















And we also had some fun!!
Heather and Kristy enjoying the water.
The water is still way to cold for me.

















I picked up some bubble solution as I thought Sawyer would like to watch them...but it seemed like Oscar had way more fun playing with them :)






















But like any weekend up at camp....there is a bit of work to do.
Sawyer was able to sit with Grandpa in the little loader.
I was surprised, I thought Sawyer might get scared as it is very loud.
But like his grandpa and great-grandpa, he loves his machines :)






















Wayne was going to trim some branches off of a tree down by the lake, but (as I predicted) he ended up cutting the whole tree down.
So everyone helped bring the branches and cut tree, up to the fire, and then the girls wanted to clean it up, so they raked up all of the old pine needles.

















Ashley wanted some slabs for decor for her table, so Wayne used the chainsaw to cut them.
Then Blake used a hand saw and cut some coasters for Ashley.

















And of course what is a weekend at camp if Wayne and I don't get to take our toys out for a ride.
This is an odd sight....Wayne is in front of me, lol.
We checked out one of my favourite riding trails and there was a huge tree across the trail and the brush was so thick that we couldn't drive around it (believe me I tried).
So we had to turn around.
We were then stopped by the conservation officer.
He just wanted to know if we were fishing and check to make sure we had the proper papers for our machines and that we were wearing helmets.
All was good and in order, so we ended up just chatting with him for about 20 minutes.






















So much more happened this weekend that I had better write it down in my camp journal before it fades from my memory.
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and if you are a Canadian, I hope you celebrated our country's birthday with your family and friends :)

Tracy :)

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you and your family had a good time on Canada Day. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Canada Day!!! your weekend sounds like it was perfect (except for the tree down) Great pictures. Sawyer is certainly getting big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a perfect Canadian summer weekend - wonderful way to celebrate & I like your colour themed dinner. I try to make/serve something from every province or Territory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like an amazing weekend - Good job posting during the summer fun months!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, yes!! Even in the states it gets celebrated at my house! Loved seeing your photos!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)