Monday, August 1, 2016

A Fun Weekend

We had a super fun long weekend :)
Wayne took Friday off, so we went up to the cottage Thursday night :)
The rest of the family stayed home as Ashley had a wedding to photograph, Heather didn't want to stay away from her kitty for that long and Kristy didn't want to go up for that long without her sisters.

Every August long weekend my SIL/friend Sharon and her husband Jim come up to spend it with us :)
Sharon, like me, loves to create, so we craft most of the weekend :)
Wayne makes us clean up before every meal...party pooper, lol.
By the way....this is just my stuff, Sharon had put hers away.
















We took time out for a swim.....actually I floated around on a raft, and Sharon just wadded....where the "men" actually swam.
















As Sharon and I created, Wayne and Jim re-shingled the sauna roof.
















Sharon and I made some cards and some pocket letters...I haven't done Pocket Letters since last year at this time.
As when I looked in my binder, I had some that I meant to mail out....A Year Ago!!!






















Jim's birthday lands on this weekend, so we always celebrate it out at the cottage.
Yummm cake!






















One of our birdhouses fell off the tree, so I picked it up and started to clean it out.
I noticed that something was inside it...I just thought it was some leaves tangled in some spider webs.
Until I saw this little guy dangling from it.
Needless to say, I freaked out and a few choice words flew out of my mouth (I think the neighbours heard me )
After my heart stopped thudding, I put the birdhouse in front of the frog and he hopped right back in.
I then put it under the deck to keep it cool and I guess he will have a pretty fancy home for a while :)






















I have been getting in over 20,000 steps in every day for the last few weeks.
I gave myself permission to take it easy this weekend as we were entertaining and I knew I would be sitting on my arse most of the weekend creating with Sharon.
I was very surprised and happy that I DID get in 20,000 steps every day this weekend!!!!










I hope you all had a great weekend :)

Tracy :)

6 comments:

  1. Envious of your long weekend relaxing and crafting, Tracy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh such a fun sounding weekend; cake (good)scrapping (very good); friends (good); steps in (enviously good); finding a tree frog (fun good). Happy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't blame you for resting on the weekend 20,000 steps is a lot of moving. It sounds like a perfect weekend to me. Friends, Fun and crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. liebe tracy, euer basteltisch schaut toll aus, da möchte ich gleich mit euch mit werkeln....lustig, diese tasche habe ich auch...
    ...solch schöne wochenenden, die wünsche ich euch weiterhin....liebe grüsse...
    ruth..chen;-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruth's comment via Google Translate:
      love tracy , your craft table looks great, because I want the same potter with you with .... funny, this bag I have ...
      ... Such beautiful weekends , I wish you continue .... love greetings ...
      ruth..chen ;-) )

      Delete
  5. What a fun weekend with friends, and productive too!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)