Monday, May 2, 2016

Baby Shower for Janus

My daughter Ashley and her friend Brea put on a baby shower for their friend Janus.
It was such a sweet event.
Ashley hosted it in her home and the decor was so pretty.
Ashley has this large chalkboard at her front entrance and loves to decorate it for the season or special occasions.
I love how she decorated it for the baby shower :)






















Brea is the young lady on the left, my daughter Ashley is on the right and mama to be Janus is in the middle.
Such sweet girls.






















A few weeks ago, Ashley and Brea came over to my place to make the shower decor.
Knowing that I had all of the supplies that they needed..we had such a fun time.
Ashley made this onesie banner.
Isn't it adorable…she hand cut the onesies and punched the hearts.
As you can tell it was hanging on her front door…so don't pay attention to my hands, at least I cropped out my face in the reflection ;)









Both Ashley and Brea made these cute circle banners.
Brea got a lesson in how to use the Cuttlebug :)
Brea kept wondering where Ashley and I would disappear to, then come out of my craft room with tools or supplies.
She asked if there was a room back there.
Ashley said, yes its my mom's craft room..come and check it out.
When she saw it she said "its like a mini Michael's".
Then said that she is definitely coming to Friday Night Scrapbooking, lol.






















Ashley asked me to make a Banner with baby Mason's name on it. Not only to display for the shower, but also so Janus can hang it up in his nursery.
I was instructed to keep it simple…I so wanted to embellish this up, lol.

















Now we can't forget about the food :)
Yummy food at that.
I love that they incorporated the colour blue into what they were serving.
Blue Jello with whip cream on top. Blue icing for the cupcakes and blue coloured punch :)
















Ashely being a perfectionist that she is, put the fruit on the skewers in colour order .






















And here is Mommy to Be :)
Ashley also asked me to make a "mom to be" badge for Janus.






















It was a lovely baby shower and we enjoyed playing many games, even though I didn't win one of them.

I hope you all have a very creative day and I will be back to organizing my craft room :)

Tracy :)

6 comments:

  1. The decorations are so beautiful!! I love the banner of onesies!! She did a perfect job hand-cutting them!! The food looks yummy, too!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling decorations, Tracy, you ladies did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome decorations, all the banners are fab. Yummy looking food too. Janus looks really happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely decorations. Personally I cannot wait for you to relocate to southern Ontario so I can attend Friday night scrap sessions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love the chalkboard & I would love to have one - however this is not what my art work would look like unfortunately!!
    I love the Circle garland!
    gracious what a great shower!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful and love the decorations. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)