Monday, April 4, 2016

Not another Messy Room Tour?!?!

Yup, another messy room tour.
The difference with this one, is there is no after photos.
The reason….I am going in deep and dirty.
















I did a video about a year and a half ago with my messy room and then a few areas that I organized.
And honestly those couple areas are still working for me :)
But as you can see, my room has gone to cr@p again.
I think I need to do a few things differently this time and that is to totally go through EVERYTHING.
So that my friends is why there are no after pictures at the moment…no quick fixes in order for me to get it defunkified once and for all.
















This is under my work table/desk.
Yup, I just hide things under there, lol.
In order for my room to work for me, I have to figure out how I operate.
For example:
I am a flipper. I like to flip through my supplies not dig through them.
I am also a piler. If there is a flat surface (even if there are things already there) I will keep piling on stuff until they topple over.
So those are 2 things I have to keep in mind when going through my room.
















I am making it a bit easier on myself and following a couple of challenges.
The Wookiemouse challenge…I had done her challenge many years ago, when 2Peas was still active. This really got my room together…before I accumulated so many more supplies.
The second challenge is 52 Week Workspace Challenge. I think this challenge is based on the Wookiemouse challenge, but with worksheets and printouts :)

If you want to scare yourself, you can check out my "Messy Room Video take 2" :)
If you want to check out my1st Messy Room Tour from over a year ago…you can check out this video here "Messy Room Tour..Defunkifying my Craft room"

Here are the challenges I am going to be following :)
Here are the challenge links:

I hope you all have a very Creative Day :)

Tracy :)

10 comments:

  1. Good luck with your overhaul!! I'm in the midst of one I started in January...still not done!! It's a tad bit overwhelming!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you find systems that work for you Tracy! Haha, I'm a flipper and piler too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great that you are doing an overhaul of your room, I need to do that too but it's so daunting. Perhaps just one section at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't feel bad because my room look like that right now. I keep saying I have to get rid of some of this stuff but never do it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can hardly wait to see your finished result! I hope you didn't get lost down there! Such an overwhelming process!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to purge and organize my room! Maybe I'll join you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tracy, I just love watching your videos and reading about your comings and goings. On the subject of organizing your goodies, here is a link to go watch some helpful videos by Jennifer McGuire. She is fabulous and I believe you will get something out of it. If the link does not work, just type in her name in the search bar and go directly to her video library.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTuV6i1nUI6TrdXufB4aI5e0xah8EGL3B

    I hope this gives you some help with your clean up! Hugs Lori

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome video and oh my gosh, how many hidy holes !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm still trying to find a system that works for me!! Good luck & please share any ideas that work for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey I too love to stack in empty flat spaces!!! This is how my scrap space tends to look too!!! I like the challenge idea! I am now looking forward to moving as I can really begin the organization process with an empty room. Best of luck. Can't wait to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)