Thursday, April 28, 2016

April 2016 Tag

Be prepared for a picture heavy post.
Look at me go 2 days until month end and I have my tag done for the month…go me, teehee.
I'm thinking I like how this one turned out :)






















So here we go…
What I liked about the techniques for this month, is that I had never tried them before…its always fun to try new things :)
I liked the resist technique with the distress paints and stains…I also really liked the look of the wood grain.
I used Vintage photo and by using the dabber on the bottle, I could paint directly onto my wood grain stamp.






















After it was dry, I then used Tea Dye stain to colour in the rest of the tag.
I then watered down some Black Soot paint and flicked it on the tag with my handy dandy false teeth tooth brush.
No, I don't have false teeth, but this tooth brush works great for this…I can't even tell you how long I have had this…I'm thinking I purchased it specifically for crafting, lol.






















Now for the main focus on this tag.
I purchased a few of the Tim Holtz butterfly and dragonfly dies and have yet to use them…I know, right!
So grabbed them all and decided to go with the large butterfly.
I cut it out of chipboard and used Black Soot paint to colour it up.






















The next technique was to do a faux mosaic.
I tried just cutting some papers up and putting them haphazard on the butterfly…but was looking a bit messy.
So I used the embossing folder that came with the butterfly die. I embossed my papers and then cut the shapes out ….I liked that look even less.











I tried a few different dies and such, but nope.
Lastly I looked through my punches and used this border punch from Martha Stewart.
But I used the pieces that are to be discarded when punched.
I was much happier with that look.






















To make the mosaic look, we were to add Glossy Accents to the pieces.
I haven't used mine in a while and then remembered why…the tip of mine was plugged a long time ago and to unclog it, I stuck something in the end and split the tip...oops.
I ended up picking the glue up from the backing paper with a plastic tool and applying it to my design.






















I like the contrast of the colour against the black background.






















Here is my completed tag :)
Early for me isn't it ;)






















Here is Tim's Tag.
I am off to check out everyone else's tags..I never check out the other tags until mine is complete.
But I do check them out as I love to see all of the different ways these tags turn out, all so different but all using the same techniques :)













I hope you all have a very creative day :)

Tracy :)

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag, awesome job. another month has flown by and I didn't find time. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome tag, Tracy, love how you ended up doing the butterfly wing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Tracy....Thanks so much for sharing the step by step, its always fun learning new techniques! Love the pretty butterfly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous, Tracy!! I love your take on the tag!! The butterfly looks amazing!! This is so fabulous!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats awesome I am not even done last month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome !! I have yet to complete mine! BOOOO

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)