Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Autumn & Rain Girls

It has been pouring the last couple of days….great days to stay inside and do a bit of journaling :)
Here are my pages (before adding my journaling) for today and yesterday.
I am trying my hand at drawing faces (again) and adding different looks to these girls.
















For yesterday's girl "Autumn Girl" I stamped her hair to look like fall leaves.
I used my Blick's coloured pencils to colour in their faces.
I can't find a great flesh tone in these pencil crayons….this is more of a yellow tone :(






















Because it has been raining here so much, my second girl "Rain Girl" has hair to represent rain.
I first added some Tim Holtz faded jeans distress ink for the colour of her hair, then drew in the rain drops with the same colour in Tim Holtz distress markers.
The girls eye colour is opposite of each other…meaning, Autumn has Rain's hair colour for her eyes and Rain has Autumn's.
I am really happy with how my girls turned out….even with the skin tone not being the colour I intended.





















Onto My Day:
Even though it was a rainy, stay in bed kind of day….I was thinking of putting my PJ's on and watching YouTube in bed all day…but, I had to bring the red jeep to the shop.
Ashley has had the use of it for 5 yrs and now it is Heather and Kristy's time to have it.
I brought it in the shop to make sure it is up to safety standards.
I did have to get the wheel bearings replaced on the one wheel…..so got the mechanic to do the other one as well.
He said the one didn't need to be changed right away. Then asked me "It is just driven in town right?"
I thought to myself, if it was to be driven on the highway, is it not as safe ?!?
So told him to change them both….better safe than sorry when my babies are driving.

I hope you all have a very Creative Day :)

Tracy :)

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful pages, Tracy, love how your did their hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pages, fab. job on the hair. I bought single prisma colour pencils for skin at Michaels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pages are so awesome! It's been cloudy and rainy here too, but super sunny today. More rain tomorrow though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your girls are so beautiful!! I love their hair - so creative!! You did a fabulous job with them!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you've done with their hair - so very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job with these drawing! Go girl! I love how you did their hair too. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful drawings, wow! Fabulous hair too! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)