Saturday, July 18, 2015

My Day in Photos .... Cottage Life.

Another beautiful day at the cottage.
There was such a peaceful breeze off of the lake today.
It wasn't cool and it wasn't warm, it was just perfect.
The crisp clean fresh scent from the lake, came up into the cottage, and I didn't want to move…I just took it all in.
Then it got warm, so I decided it was time to do some planting.
I know it is late in the season to plant, but I kept forgetting to purchase bedding plants.
I had no energy today…I would plant a few flowers, and then seemed to need a break…it was crazy.
I perked up later in the afternoon.  
So I went for a walk.
I picked some of these wild flowers, in hopes they will add some filler to the bouquets for Ashley's wedding.
I think they are pretty as a bouquet as they are :)
I am drying them to see how they keep.
I also found these pretty bell type flowers.
These would be perfect!!!
But when I cut off the leaves, there was a milky sticky substance that came from the cuts.
Plus I am thinking the petite blossoms will fall off once dried.
I even got a non-wedding project done, teehee.
I put together a simple sewing kit.
Wayne's mom had these items in a plastic bag. It served its purpose, but the thread was all tangled up and entwined in the sewing needles.
So I grabbed a soap container that has never been used and made it into a sewing kit.
Simple but easier to grab the items from.

















Wayne and I went for a couple of quad rides today, him more than me.
Like I mentioned above, I didn't seem to have any get up and go today.
So I just chilled and did what needed to be done.
Early to bed for me tonight :)

I hope you all had a wonderful creative day :)

Tracy :)

8 comments:

  1. Hope your get up and go is back in the morning. You've been pretty busy lately! Maybe you just needed a down day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with taking it a little easy, Tracy! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. With a view like that no wonder you didn't want to move. Beautiful pictures and pretty wildflowers. Those soap dishes are versatile, I used one to make a first aid kit for my son at Scout camp. (long time ago) enjoy your time at the cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos.

    Have a nice day.

    Merethe

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous flowers!! Your view of the lake is amazing!! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds as if it was a great day. It was so hot here yesterday - very humid! I love the white blossoms, hope they dry OK :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those flowers will look beautiful in the boquets!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice photos, and you've given me two idea. I have a metal tub like that which I was about to give away, and darling daughter needs a bigger sewing kit and now I know what I can use to contain it, using supplies from my own larger kit. Glad I caught up with you today, Tracy.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)