Sunday, July 12, 2015

Great Read and Great Walk

It was a wonderful weekend….beautiful weather and time spent with family…..perfection.






















I completed this book on the drive home from camp.
This seems to be the only time that I have to read…I am stuck in the truck for almost 2 hours, so why not be productive right :)
This was a great book.
Great characters, great story line and kept me wanted to find out more about the characters and their stories.
I would really recommend this book.

















Here is the gang.
My daughter Heather and Kristy. Kristy's boyfriend Blake. My daughter Ashley and her fiancé Tyler.
It looked like it was going to rain, so Ashley and Tyler decided to leave early.
I know Heather wanted to go home and see our cat Luna, (and play her new video game) so she tagged along with them.
Kristy was torn, she wanted to stay, but she also wanted to go. Once I told her that we were staying late, she and Blake decided to go with Ashley as well.























Since the kids (I know they are all adults, but to me they are kids….now I sound old ) had all gone home.
I made a new friend :)
See this guys tail…it is only a nub.
This is what the squirrels do to the chipmunks.
They chase the chipmunks away from the seed we put out for them and also attack them…some of them have nasty wounds from those bullies.























Wayne and I had an afternoon fire, and then it started to pour.
It rained so hard, the rain was bouncing off of the truck roof.
But once it stopped, we relit the fire and waited for it to burn out.

Funny Story:
Wayne wanted to clear some more brush on a trail, and I wanted to go for a walk this morning.
So we both rode in his RZR and he dropped me off at the beginning of the trail.
I walked the whole way and turned around to come back. I met him about half way coming back.
He said that he wasn't going to go the whole way to the end, so he wouldn't be long.
So I told him I would keep walking…and head towards camp, and that he could pick me up on the way back.
When I walk, I kind of get lost in my thoughts…..so it wasn't until I was on the trail headed to the pipeline, that I realized Wayne should have picked me up a half hour ago.
So then I start to worry a bit (especially after yesterday's incident), plus Wayne doesn't like me walking alone in the middle of the bush alone.
I figured it would take me less time to walk back to camp then back towards Wayne.
I get to camp, the kids are asking where their dad is, as we left in the same vehicle.
I get my quad to check out what happened and Kristy is wondering if she needs to come.
As it turned out, I met Wayne on the road…he didn't think I would have walked as far as I did in that amount of time. When he drove to the pipeline trial and didn't pass me (as I was already on the pipeline) he figured I went in the opposite direction…so went looking for me.
Needless to say, I got in my 10,000 steps in that walk alone, teehee.

I hope you all enjoyed your weekend, and my little story :)

Tracy :)

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like another great day at the camp. We haven't had rain yet, but the grass is planted and two cards made, a little more crafting before we head home for the week. What a cute little chippy, we have short tail and long tail hmm maybe that is what happened to short tail. Squirrels are terrible they chewed two of our screens, thank goodness the windows were closed or it would have been chewing the whole house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had such a nice weekend, Tracy! I'll add that book to my list to look into. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fabulous day at the cottage. Love the chipmunk, poor thing! I wish I could read whilst travelling, but unfortunately it makes me nauseous! So all I can do is either gaze at the world going by, or sleep LOL! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a great weekend! Oretty quiet around here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable friend you've made!! He's so sweet!! We have a few but we are almost overrun with squirrels. They try (and sometimes succeed) to jump on the bird feeders and eat all of the seed. I know they need to eat, too but they can be pests!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did get lots of exercise! :) It must be wonderful to have a special place to go and relax away from all the hustle and bustle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The book looks like a great read and the walk looks amazing:) thanks for popping in:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's too funny you had walked that far! I love that the little chipmunk ate out of your hand!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for reading!! I'm glad you like the book.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)