Monday, July 6, 2015

Dress Shopping and some Popcorn

My plan this week was to go into detail on all of the Bridal Shower projects I did.
But that didn't happen as I am finally getting around to shopping for my dress for Ashley's wedding.

But I did have time to take Kristy out to buy this popcorn maker she has had her eye on.
It sure didn't take long to cook the pop corn.






















I am not one for popcorn as the kernel husks always get caught in the back of my throat.
I do love the smell of pop corn though.

















Most of my day was spent shopping for the dress…I don't think I have found the perfect one though…..but thought I would share one that is in the top pick.






















I do love the lace overlay on this one.
The dress fit nicely, but the bust was a bit too tight, plus I didn't want blue…mind you every dress I tried on seemed to be in blue, lol.
I am also not sure about the top sheer piece.





















I really should have edited my face out of the photos, lol.
This one was a nice fit, but I didn't like the very thin straps…I need a bra, and the kind I wear……these straps won't cut it, lol.























I was really nervous about dress shopping, but Ashley's fiancé's mom, Karen, wanted to come along…and it was so much more fun and relaxing :)
So tomorrow is another dress shopping day…..wish me luck.

Tracy :)

9 comments:

  1. You look lovely in that shade of blue. They both look great on you but I could see the think straps on the second wouldn't be good unless you have a strapless bra. Good luck tomorrow and looking forward to updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wau, tracylein, du schaust wundervoll aus, das blaue kleid steht dir einmalig gut....
    liebe grüsse
    ruth..chen;-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is Ruth's comment translated :wau , tracylein , You look wonderful, the blue dress suits you uniquely well ....
      Kind regards
      ruth..chen ;-) )

      Delete
  3. The second dress is really pretty and the color looks good on you, Tracy! I'm sure you'll find the perfect dress, have fun shopping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the second one on you and you could always wear a strapless bra with it. I am sure you will know when you find the one ! Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think both look beautiful on you! Hope you share more from today's trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so beautiful in both dresses!! I really love the second one!! The blues are gorgeous!! And yum - that popcorn looks so delish!! My favorite treat...in fact, I'm going to have to go pop a bag in the microwave now after seeing this!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful dresses, Tracey. That blue is so rich. Almost the colour Kirsten's bridesmaids wore! I hope you can find a dress you truly love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great - fab dress. It reminds me of a favorite party dress I once had - white bodice and black shirt - each covered in overlaid lace in those colors. Good luck on finding the perfect dress.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)