This was my work area for the last 2 days :)
I am happy to say that I have completed the 20 centrepieces for Ashley's wedding.
I can not tell you how happy I am.
How do you like my glue holder I rigged up, teehee.
I really wanted to love this stapler/nailer.
I don't have an air nailer, so thought I would try this nailer from Arrow.
I have to say this was the most frustrating thing ever.
It kept jamming up.
I probably would have finished these in one day if my nailer didn't keep jamming.
I went through 3 of these…I would have went through more if Tyler, my future Son in law didn't help me unjam them all day today.
Thursday I went to Canadian Tire to exchange it the first time it got jammed…I didn't have my receipt so they wouldn't exchange it..fair enough.
I went to the hardware department and the person there unjammed it for me….took him a bit, but he got it unjammed.
The second time it jammed up, I went and purchased a second nailer.
The third time it jammed up, I exchanged it with my new receipt.
The fourth time it jammed up, it was the end of my work day, so I brought it home and Wayne unjammed it.
Here are just some of the bent nails from the first day :(
Today (the second day) Tyler was off work, so he helped me unjam the nail/stapler.
He said he would have quit after the second timed it jammed, if he was working with it, lol.
I have to give him credit, he got pretty good at unjamming this thing.
At one time 6 nails came out at the same time, and all were embedding into the wood.
At the end of day, I was happy with the result of my projects :)
That and it was a surprise to Ashley and I was there when she came home and saw them :)
She was so surprised.
After giving me a big hug and thanking me, she then had another job for me to do for the wedding, lol.
Yes, I will be sharing the completed centrepieces, but not until after the wedding :)
I hope you all had a creative day.
I am now heading to camp for a bit of R&R to unwind from the frustration of this tool, lol.