Friday, December 12, 2014

Its a Wrap

Today was a great day.
Wayne took the day off of work so we could get our Christmas shopping done.
I was smart this year, I didn't buy anything until we went shopping together.
The reason…Wayne is like a little kid himself and he likes to play Santa Claus during the holiday.
So even if I was completely done with shopping, he would insist that we needed to go shopping, lol.

Not only did we (almost) complete our shopping, we also wrapped them all.
When I say "we", I mean Wayne wrapped and I wrote out the tags ;)
No matter how much he begged to change jobs ;)

I also cleaned out/organized my Christmas wrapping container.
I discarded all of those tiny pieces of wrapping paper that I save, thinking that I may need a tiny piece. But I have never ever had a gift that tiny to have to wrap ;)






















This wrapping paper container has two inner shelves.
If I just wanted this container for wrapping paper, I wouldn't need the shelves, but I like everything in one area.
This shelf holds my daughters advent calendars.
They haven't used them for years, but I still want to keep them. Each pocket holds a mini ornament for a tiny tree the girls each had in their rooms when they were younger.






















The second shelf holds all of the wrapping essentials.
Tape, scissors, tags, ribbon and some small gift holders.
There is a lid that fits very tightly so all of the goodies stay put for the next year.






















I was thinking of keeping all of my wrapping paper in one area, no matter what the occasion it is for.
But when we wrap for Christmas, it is usually a wrapping marathon, so I think (for me) its best to have Christmas papers and such together.
I do keep all of my gift bags together though….but I am a wrapper, more than a gift bag giver ;)

















Are you a wrapper, or a gift bag type of person?
How do you store your wrapping paper and accessories?

Hope you all had a very Creative Friday :)
I did :)
I made 10 gift card holders during my Friday Night Scrapbooking :)

Tracy :)

10 comments:

  1. I usually wrapped all of my Christmas gifts. Very seldom I will us a gift bag for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am mostly a wrapper at Christmas time! The rest of the year, not so much! I have one of those boxes like you, only filled with tissue and bags on the bottom. I have a tall container for my rolls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for getting almost all your shopping done! Have a great weekend, Tracy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't it feel great to have all of that done!! I have a similar container, but it's vertical, so it stands up. What I don't like about it is that it only fits the regular sized rolls of papers, not the tall ones, so I'm not sure what to do with those. I'm more of a wrapper too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tree and gifts look beautiful. You're very organized and what a great way to spend time with hubby. My family likes wrapped gifts at christmas. I like doing doing both. I like decorating Kraft bags and making tags.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I usually wrap, too, but I do use gift bags occasionally. I love how you have your papers organized...I need one of those boxes!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. gift bags for the two I buy for. Stockings for the family. We give each of the kids road side assistance for Christmas and gift cards to the hard to buy for, socks and underwear for the ones that need them. for the two of us it was a new patio door.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a nice wrapping paper holder. Can you email and tell me how tall it is and where you bought it? I'd like to find one that will slide under my bed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tree looks fab with all those gifts waiting to be opened. What is more enjoyable on Christmas morning - watching the girls unwrap their pressies! No bags, definitely wrapped :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think it's taking my comment with a link in it so re-typing it sorta. LOL I'm a wrapper and like to give gifts all the time so like my supplies in easy access. I also prefer to keep the holiday paper out all the time with the other papers. I do use gift bags sometimes but usually end up wrapping the gift inside the bag anyway. LOL I bought this cart and keep it in the walk-in closet in my craft room. I use two large desks pushed together and it's the ideal wrapping area. I bought this cart www.homedecorators.com/P/Stanton-Wrapping-Cart/10/410/

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)