Monday, November 17, 2014

Sharing some Washi Tape

I can't believe that I totally forgot to share this with you.
Whenever I go to a scrapbooking crop or put on a scrapbooking crop, I alway make gift/treat bags for my friends.
Well for my Halloween crop I put on, I did just that.
I wanted to share some of my washi tape with my friends, I thought I could spare a few wraps, teehee.
But how to share it, and share it creatively was something I had fun coming up with.






















I had a lot of these embroidery floss holders as I use these containers for my embellishments and each container comes with these plastic tabs.
When I did do embroidery, they were made with thin chipboard, these plastic holders are so much more sturdy.






















Now I wanted to decorate them a bit, as I like to do that kind of thing ;)
So I used StazOn ink to stamp these bats on both sides of the top and bottom of each holder.






















The hardest part was finding a tiny Halloween type stamp :)






















Now to pick out my washi tape.
Remember this was a Halloween crop…hence the theme of the tape ;)






















Then I just wrapped the washi tape (about 10 wraps) around where the floss usually goes and voila…I got to share washi with my friends :)
I think I need to look for a tiny stamp for my winter/Christmas crop I am planning to put on next month:)






















Onto My Day:
After driving Kristy to work, I picked up a hot chocolate for me and a tea for my friend Lynne, then headed to her house to help her clean and organize her craft room.
We worked on her room at the beginning of the year, but she felt overwhelmed and needed a touch up.
I know what you are thinking….I should be doing my room, lol.
We worked on her room, got her desk all cleared off and put away, and then her power went out.
So we took a break, but her power didn't come back on, so I headed home to "not" work on mine, lol.

Ashley came by tonight for dinner and to share a dress that she bought in hopes that the girls would like it for the bridesmaids dresses.
The price is great and the dress can be worn so many ways…it is really beautiful.
She will share it with her friends to see if they like it.
Hopefully everyone likes it and that is one less thing she has to worry about.

I hope you all had a very Creative Day :)

Tracy :)

10 comments:

  1. What a great idea. The little bats are adorable. Geez, I wanna come to your house. You give gifts! I'm knee deep in stacked snowflakes and holly so it was nice to see bats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always come up with fantastic ideas! Great idea to put a little Washi on for your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling idea! I bet they loved them:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for sharing your washi tape!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea!! I love how you say you came home to NOT work on your room ;) Hope the dresses work out for Ashley's girls!! Did you get my text Sunday?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So thoughtful of you, Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun idea! You are so sweet to give your friends gifts for Halloween :)

    I hope the girls like the dress Ashley picked out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great idea! Love it. Yes your craft room needs to be done, but you always get side tracked LOL! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are such a sweet person. I'm sure the girls at your table were the envy of the entire crop :D All those Halloween washi tapes, and a really great amount as well, how FUN!
    Hugs - Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a great idea! I have lots of those plastic cards leftover from my "ribbon" craze. It would perfect for my new "washi" craze. :P You are a great host!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)