Thursday, November 27, 2014

Let the New Adventure Begin

Heather and Kristy wanted to see Light's in concert.
The concert being in Winnipeg, and the weather being what it is, Wayne took a few days off of work to come along and be our driver.
This I was happy about, as it is an 8 hour drive and it snowed for a few hours into the drive.
But in between naps, reading a novel and chatting with Becky (Fourth house on the Right) via texts…the drive didn't seem so long :)

The girls wanted to go shopping as soon as we got into Winnipeg, so we stopped at St. Vital, that was after we exchanged something for Ashley at Ikea's and Wayne did a bit of shopping at Cabela's.






















But then I got to go to my store…The Scrapbook Cottage :)
I had contacted them last week, to see if they had a couple of items I was looking for and if they could put them away for me..they did :)
No surprise that they were art journaling supplies ;)
The first item was this smaller Dylusions art journal.
The second item was this product called Inka Gold.
I also picked up another one of these art journals that I have been using to practice in.
I love the paper in this Visual Journal!!!

















Of course I found some other goodies while I was there.
It wasn't until I put all these goodies out to photograph that I realized 99% of the supplies were Christmas related….believe me when I say, I didn't need more Christmas goodies, teehee.

















After our shopping was complete, we went to visit my dad and stepmom.
Doreen (my stepmom) cooked us a delicious dinner of ribs, rice and a few different desserts :)
She is an awesome cook.
For some crazy reason, I happen to get a migraine while we were there  :(  I am sure it will be gone with a good night sleep.

I hope you all had a very Creative Wednesday :)

Tracy

10 comments:

  1. Hi

    Lovely photo:)
    And I love your shopping:D:D

    Hope you are felling better after a good night sleep.

    Merethe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like another fun adventure, Tracy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I was able to help your trip go by a little quicker :) I love that cardinal die!! It could pass for any season :) hope your migraine went away!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your time in Winnipeg! I have fond memories of that place. Hope your migraine is better this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome haul of goodies!! Enjoy using them!! I hope the migraine is gone. Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great lot of goodies - I spy the Tim Holtz Cardinal! Hope the migraine went away. Andy swears by a new drug called Cambia - prescription only and a tad expensive but he is usually right as rain within 30 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great lot of goodies - I spy the Tim Holtz Cardinal! Hope the migraine went away. Andy swears by a new drug called Cambia - prescription only and a tad expensive but he is usually right as rain within 30 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you recovered quickly from the migraine. I hear ya on the Xmas stuff. I've been bad this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a really great haul of Christmas and art journal stuff. Your Wayne is a really great guy. I bet he enjoys that family time....and of course a trip to Cabela's :D
    Hugs - Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely goodies - that cardinal die is fab!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)