Sunday, October 5, 2014

Trick or Treat Banner

I finished the "Trick or Treat" banner I was working on yesterday :)
I love the colours and how fun it is :)

















It was from a kit I had purchased at Hobby Lobby when I was in the States.
One thing with working from a kit…Nothing is perfect…or to my standards, lol.
But in the end, it looks great.
















I hate to admit this but Heather had to help me with this part.
I have made my own rosette flowers or accordion medallions for years, so when I had to make these ones they confused me.
The strip of paper they supplied was already scored…and not perfectly I might add ;)
But when I fanned it out, it only was 1/2 a rosette?!
So I thought I would cut the paper in half lengthwise and attach them to make the strip longer, then it would make a full circle.
Then Heather came and read the instructions and explained it better.
I had to accordion fold it, pinch the middle (so it looks like a bow tie) then adhere the top edges together and then the bottom 2 edges together.
See a circle :)



















After that is complete, then add adhesive (I used my hot glue gun) and adhere the folds in the centre.
I have never made one like this before….see old dogs can learn new tricks ;)





















I am really happy with how it turned out.
Now I just have to figure out where to display it ;)
Ashley was also working on a banner today.
She actually hand cut all of her letters out and then came by to use some of my pattern paper to make the base of her banner.
I will share hers on another post as it deserves a post all of its own ;)


















Today is Season #3 of the Walking Dead for us.
And here is my attire for today's Season ;)
I think I have run out of Walking Dead shirts now.
We plan on watching Season #4 this week. A little bit each day, until the new Season starts soon.






















I hope you all had a very Creative Sunday :)

Tracy :)

10 comments:

  1. OMG this is SPOOKTACULAR! Good for you with the rosette. I am terrible at making them. So I bought a die. Enjoy you peeling flesh and snarls. My son waged all the seasons while we were camping this summer at the family farm. Every time I walked into my motor home I was scared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Banner, yes I have found even older dogs can learn new tricks. Enjoy your WD marathon, next year you will need another shirt though. Very creative Sunday I made a post it note easel card, it won't be on my blog until she receives it. and two other cards for Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your banner turned out so great! I love it!! I would have been so confused by the instructions, I never read them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your banner!! Love the different papers

    ReplyDelete
  5. The banner turned out great, Tracy! Sounds like your WD marathon will wrap up just in time for Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous fabulous banner and love those papers! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)