Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Making my own Page Kits

I had mentioned in a previous post that I tried my hand at making my own page kits.
I wasn't sure what to expect from them.
I was hoping it would make the process of scrapbooking a bit quicker for me at a crop.




















I was right!!!
I completed…COMPLETED 10 layouts in 2 days, with lots of visiting in between ;)
I am lucky if I complete 1 layout in 2 days, so this was a major accomplishment.

I grabbed some 12x12 bags for each kit.
Then what I first did, was pick out my photos and get them printed up.
I then picked out which pattern papers, I thought, would go good with my photos.
I needed some card stock, so matched that up with my pattern paper.
If I had matching chipboard pieces or stickers then I threw them in the bag as well.
If I had letter stickers that I wanted to use for a title, I added them.
That was it, that was the base of my kit.

Most of my embellishments and some journal tags are in portable container, so I brought those, but didn't put them in the kit.  I am new at this kit making, so I wanted to keep it simple as possible for me.

I did a quick video to my kit making process.
I am sure I will get better at this as I make more of them.
Honestly though, even though I made 10 layouts, I only worked from 2 of my kits…I killed those kits
mind you….double happiness ;)
If you would rather watch my video on my YouTube channel, just click the link "Tracy's Treasures24"
I was lucky enough to get a call from the dentist's receptionist today, and was able to get in so they could do part of my root canal. I am happy to say that my tooth has a temporary filling…so I don't have a hole in the centre of my tooth anymore….its the little things in life ;)

I hope you all had a Creative Tuesday :)

Tracy :)

7 comments:

  1. So organized!! I say I am going to try and do that when I go to a crop and it never gets done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kit assembly is the same process as mine, Tracy! :) Glad you were able to get into the dentist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! How nice to get done. I love the organization :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luna is such a sweetie :) and I love the new watch, what I could see of it any way ;) so I love that the page kits worked so well for you and that you were able to get so many layouts from one kit!! When I went to crops I would just throw one piece of card stock in a page protector with the patterned papers I was using and then take various embellishments. So similar to you, but different ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are a page kit convert. Kudos on getting so many layouts done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous that you were able to achieve so many layouts! Great kit ideas! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)