Monday, October 13, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving and a trip to Emergency

I would like to wish all of my friends on here a Happy Thanksgiving :)
Today is Thanksgiving in Canada and I enjoyed it with my family.
My brother and his family, also my sister and her family came for supper tonight.
I love when I get to spend time with them…just wish my other siblings lived closer.














My morning started with an early with a trip to emergency. Not how I planned to spend my day.
Last year I thought I had an abscessed tooth…which turned out to be my sinuses. Which is odd as I have never had sinus troubles and I didn't think I had a cold…actually I thought my dentist didn't know what she was talking about, lol.
That was until I took some sinus pills and it cleared up.

Well, about 3+ months ago it happened again, but not that painful.
So chalked it up to the same thing…plus I clench my jaw when I sleep, so thought that was also the problem.
Until about 3 weeks ago.
It was even more sore, so I started to take sinus pills again (can you tell I hate taking pills)
Well a couple of days ago, I developed a hard lump on the roof of my mouth.
I went to the only walk in that was open on Sunday's (yesterday) only to find out that the building was empty, lol.

With today being a holiday, there was no where else to go but emergency.
I was a bit worried as I know that many people have complained about the wait times in emergency…I had 4 hours until the turkey had to be put in the oven.
So I brought some crafty magazines and a book to read….I was prepared.
Luckily for me, it was only an hour visit.
The nice doctor that saw me, told me that it is actually a tooth infection and that he had to cut open the lump.
Oh fun.
So that is what he did.
I hate to go to emergency if it isn't an emergency, and I honestly didn't think mine was an emergency as I wasn't in immense pain.
But my mind started to go to that dark place, where I start thinking I have some incurable illness, so I thought I better get it checked out, if nothing else but my peace of mind, lol.
Now wasn't that a fun story ;)

















No worries though, I still got to enjoy some of my turkey dinner ;)

I hope all you Canadian friends enjoyed your Thanksgiving with those you love.

Tracy :)

8 comments:

  1. Oh that sounds painful, it's terrible where the mind takes you isn't it. Better to be safe than sorry I always say. Awesome that you got to spend time with some of your family. Our day was Sunday with most of my family 9 of us and our neighbour who was going to be alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. I agree that the lump in the top of the mouth would have sent me to worrying too. I am so glad that it turned out to be something less dreadful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a wondeful Thanksgiving! It's so nice to enjoy holidays with family.
    I'm glad it didn't turn out to be super serious, but it's a good thing you went for an emergency, just in case. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're ok, Tracy, and hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you went to see about thaT little lump. It could have turned into a big systemic infection! Glad it was a shirt visit and you were able to enjoy your dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry you had to have this problem and particularly on a holiday. Good thing you had it looked at. Glad you had time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, not fun! Glad it wasn't anything too serious and you were able to have your meal.
    I know what you mean though about letting the worry about a health issue kind of get away from you and seem worse than it is. So hard not to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no - hope you are doing OK now! And that it didn't spoil the whole of Thanksgiving for you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)