Saturday, October 11, 2014

Fall Girl card and guest DT for Val's Creative Studio


I was asked by Val, if I wanted to be a guest designer (or a free agent) for Val's Creative Studio.
I love this, as I get the fun of colouring and making cards without the stress of deadlines.
My kind of creating :)

Here is a card I made with one of Val's cute digital images called "Punky Boo wearing Dress and Bloomers"
Val sent me some images a while ago, but because I am just now colouring them up, I wanted this one to be in the beautiful Autumn colours.






















Now isn't she just so cute :)
I love the look of Val's digital images, I really like the folk art style and that is what these images remind me of.
Now don't pay attention to the speck on her cheek…..I didn't notice it until it was uploaded…it is just a fuzzy, its gone now ;)






















If you are wondering, I actually remembered to put my Copic markers aside to share with you the colours I used ;)






















I wanted to add an embellishment to this card, but still wanted it to have the Fall theme to it.
So I used an orange flower and then punched some maple leaves out of the pattern paper.
I also punched some twigs out of some different pattern paper and added the wire left over from the flower. I just wrapped it around a pen insert to get the spiral shape to it.






















I had mentioned at the beginning of the year that I wanted to try some challenges…I think I have done 2 or 3 this year….I'm such a procrastinator ;)
So I thought I would try a Mojo Monday sketch challenge.
Here is a LINK with more details on this challenge, and here is their sketch.






















Again here is my card for this sketch challenge.
As you can see I turned the sketch to better accommodate my image :)






















Thank you so much Val.
I am touched that you thought of me to add some colour to your adorable art.

Hope you all had a Creative Saturday :)

Tracy :)

11 comments:

  1. Hi

    Your card is lovely,gorgeous image and lovely colours:)

    Have a nice day:)

    Merethe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute. You've really gotten the hang of coloring! Love the background paper too.
    Linda (Cardz TV Design Team Member)
    Crafting With Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card, Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card, Tracy. And all the fun details you added to finish it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, love the sweet image. Great layers and sketch too! TFS and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great fall card!! Your colouring definitely adds to the 'folk art' feel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, thanks so much for the list of colours I'm still struggling with go together colours. Tuesday's post I think I'm getting the idea of the hair, I'm very pleased with the results and I give you the credit for the help too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the flower and the sketch turned out great!! I always forget that you can turn them. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, you are quite the Copic guru.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, love the image and the colours you chose for the autumn theme!
    Jonelle

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)