Saturday, October 4, 2014

A Cup Cake card

Did you know today was World Card Making Day?
I didn't.
Until I went on Facebook and Jennifer from Just Jingle posted it.






















Funny thing was I was working on a project…but it wasn't a card, it was a banner.
But I thought to myself, what kind of crafter would I be Not to post a card on my blog on World Card Making Day ;)
So off I went to make a card…..actually I didn't go anywhere as my honey and I are on a Walking Dead marathon kick…so I crafted it in the living room ;)



















I used this Penny Black image that I had coloured when Sharon and I went away on our little crafty shopping getaway.
As you can see the paper I used wasn't really meant for Copic markers.
The face colours didn't blend very well, but it is still usable ;)





















Sharon had bought me these cupcake brads for my Birthday this year and I wanted to use them on this card.
I thought they would go perfectly with this image and the cupcake paper.
I had first added the strip with the cupcake brads on the left side of the card, but thought it still looked plain.
I then added 3 banners and the cupcake brad, the banner cluster looked a bit weak, so I just kept adding banners and actually like how it looks :)














Here is the inside of the card.
Look, I even used my new stamp that I bought on our creative shopping getaway…Look at me go, using my new supplies!!!






















It is day 2 of our Walking Dead marathon.
We have completed Season 2 today:)

Todays outfit consisted of this awesome t-shirt with Daryl Dixon on it and a pair of red and black plaid jammy bottoms.
I got it keep it stylin' you know ;)






















I hope you all had a very Creative Saturday :)
I sure did.

Tracy :)

9 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card, Tracy! I surprised myself and got 3-1/2 cards made yesterday evening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card, love it, the inside is fab too. My WCMD card will post Monday morning. And the other two I worked on will post Tuesday the rest will have to wait until the recipient gets it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card!! I have to say that I want that shirt!!!! I am a total Walking Dead fan, only one week to go for the new season :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet little card. Now I want a cupcake. I always love your attention to detail. And how you always make the inside as pretty as the outside. Enjoy your dead people! I do the same but with Downton Abbey and Sons of Anarchy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card! Love the cupcake brads. I haven't seen those around here. I have a major brad addiction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a adorable card! I love the cupcakes and that chocolate looks like we could eat it. lol! the banners you added too are a fun touch. nice, nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my how cute is that card. Love the sweet little image! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)