Thursday, October 23, 2014

Blogger Friend and a Challenge

Hello Caroline 

Remember I had mentioned that I met a new friend/blogger at the Crop & Create event.
I had just happen to wander on her blog and from her content, knew she was from Canada.
After messaging back and forth, I come to find out that she is from MY town…how cool is that!!!
We were both excited as we were both going to this event, then we could meet.
She didn't recognize me at first (as she thought I would be taller)…that is a new one to me, lol.

















After chatting back and forth, we have been to a few crops at the same time, and didn't even know it.
It was odd that I didn't remember her, as I visit all the tables just as much as I work on my projects when I go to a crop :)

We chatted quite a bit at the crop, while we were shopping, creating and waiting in the "make and take" lines.
I come to find out that Caroline is interested in art journaling, but hasn't taken the plunge yet.
I have done and completed an art journal book (Heart Journal) but it is more in a scrapbooking style rather than a mixed media style.
I have purchased mixed media supplies over the years, but have yet to put any to paper.
So I suggested that we challenge each other to do a page…to at least start.
Caroline suggested we have the theme of Fall/Thankful.
And we have a month to complete the page.
I have a lot of ideas…but now to learn how to use the supplies and put my ideas onto a page.
Wish us luck :)

















I still haven't taken any photos of my pages from this last weekend :(
Soon, I promise…soon.

Tooth adventure:
I woke up to my face even more swollen :(
It was tender, but not as bad as yesterday :)
So hopefully this new set of antibiotics are working :)
When I showed my honey how swollen my face was, he said he couldn't tell.
Couldn't tell!!!!! Seriously we have been married for over 26 yrs and dating for 4 yrs before that….does he even know what I look like!
But I do think the swelling is a bit less tonight.

Thankful Thursday:
Penicillin/Antibiotics
My treadmill, as it was raining today
Friends and new Friends

I hope you all had a very Creative Thursday :)

Tracy :)

8 comments:

  1. How lovely what a small world. If we were to meet we would know...we are both short. You being taller of course. Hope you feel better. Nasty. I was at the dentist yesterday so Im a little sore but not swollen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah, too funny!!!! I'm soooo looking forward to this challenge, trying to get over my fear!! Wait till I have to 'gesso' my page!!! lol Hope you're feeling better soon, I hate going to the dentist!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun challenge, Tracy, can't wait to see what you girls come up with! Sorry to hear your tooth is still giving you troubles, hope the antibiotics help! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great challenge,Looking forward to your finished projects. I hope your antibiotics take hold soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to meet someone who scraps...from your very own town!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love meeting new scrappy friends!
    I've been lucky to meet a few on line people over the years as well.
    Not as many as I would like though!
    Hope your tooth feels much better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were so lucky to meet up with a bloggy friend. Hay maybe one day we will get to meet :-) Have a great weekend and hope that tooth is easing and the antibiotics are doing their job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A month for one page, that is MY kind of challenge!! Can't wait to see what you both come up with!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)