Friday, February 21, 2014

February Card Challenge

If you remember from last month I am doing a monthly card challenge with my friend Phillane.
Click here for last months card.

Here is February Challenge card.
The elements we decided for this card are..
1. We had to make an easel card.
2. We had to use a gorguss girl image.
3. It had to be a Valentines theme.
4. We had to use flowers

I used a lot of hearts on this card :)
The border punch is a Martha Stewart border and a corner punch.























I used this adorable image and coloured it with my distress markers.
Surprised I didn't use my Copics aren't you ;)
I used the distress markers as water colours.
I used water colour paper and added some colour from the marker and moved it around and blended it with my water brush.

The little hearts that are hanging from the umbrella are not from the image.
I wanted her to look like she is showered in love.
I coloured some white card stock with the same colours as I used on the image and then punched the hearts out with a heart punch.
I then sandwiched the hearts in-between crafters floss. Crafters floss is like twine, but more stiff.
I then stamped the top of the umbrella, coloured it up again and popped it on the main image to hid the crafters floss in-between the umbrellas.






















Even though I have my flowers organized (and I have more than enough) I couldn't find any that I liked that went with this card.
So what do I love to do……make my own.
Like the hearts under the umbrella, I coloured up some white card stock with the same distress markers and punched the flowers out with a flower punch. I then formed the flowers and added some sparkle :)

For the heart pins, I did the same as flowers and hearts, but sandwiched them in-between a tooth pick and added some distress stickels.






















I did a video with even more detail on this card. I have a bonus Bloopers ;)
To watch it on my YouTube channel Tracy's Treasures24

I was very creative today.
I did my video, edited it and posted it.
I didn't think anyone was going to come for Friday Night Scrapbooking as we got a snow storm.
The schools were even closed…we never have school closures here as we are accustom to snowstorms here.
But my friend Debbie came by and we completed some cards that we started back on our girls creative getaway back in August.

Kristy and I went to help my friend Myra, as she got stuck in her daughters driveway. We helped shovel and I suggested using her floor mat for traction, as her tires were just spinning. It was a success and we actually cheered when she got out :)

I hope you all had a very creative Friday :)

Tracy :)

12 comments:

  1. Had a great time. Now I need to make an easle card! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous,fab image and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job, love the colours and a cute image. We had rain when I was out Thursday night, the parking lot I was in was a skating rink.I'm glad there wasn't many cars left.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!! Love the image and your coloring is great Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling card, Tracy, love the addition of the hearts on her umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card. I adore those hearts dangling from her umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I need to make an easel card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooooo pretty! I love the glitter hearts and the colours are beautiful! Yep, really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good ole Debbie, what a trooper coming over last night ;) glad you got your friend out!

    This card is gorgeous Tracy. So much detail! I love the border and the hearts hanging off the umbrella!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card and love love the frame and the use of the distress markers! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, Tracy. Love the heart border. The little hearts dangling from the umbrella are adorable. Sorry you are in the midst of another snow storm. Stay safe! We are expecting one tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)