Wednesday, February 5, 2014

26th Anniversary

Today is Wayne and my 26th Wedding Anniversary.
We dated for about 4 yrs before we got married.
We eloped…hence the bad photo of us ;)
We sat at his parents house waiting for them to come home from a dance to tell them that we got married. Actually this is where this photo was taken.
I can't tell you how nervous we were.
But they were so happy for us.
Wayne's dad said "this calls for a celebration drink"

I made my own dress. I was not a seamstress, I was a "I can make that" type of girl, lol.
I was 20 here and Wayne was 24.
Such baby faces ;)






















26 years later we are just as happy as we were then….maybe even more happy.
This man is a great husband.
He cherishes me and our daughters.
He is the best provider a family can have.
Plus he takes things with a grain of salt…which is a good quality with 3 daughters ;)
Here is to another +26 years of marriage :)

Here is my Anniversary post from 2013
Anniversary post from 2012
Anniversary post from 2011  My favourite post
Anniversary post from 2010

I hope you all had a creative Wednesday :)

Tracy :)

22 comments:

  1. Your 2011 anniversary post is also my favourite :) real happiness and contentment radiate from your faces and smiles. What a beautiful chapter to add to your real love story. Here's to many, many more years of happy anniverseraries :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary. Wow your 2011 post made me cry, it was so beautiful. Hope you both have an amazing day together. A true love story alright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2011 post is the best...with numerous involuntary "aaaawww"s. Happy Anniversary, Tracey. Can't wait to read your post for the Golden year!
    xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary, your 2011 post is lovely and it brought tears too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats to you both,this post made me smile ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy anniversay! i think your first photos is so awesome and love seeing you today!
    i agree - here is to another 26 happy years!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to you both and best wishes for many more happy years together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! I love your wedding photo. You look so pretty and happy and yes, a little nervous. But that is normal. Wishing you many more years of happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy anniversary!! Wow, you can sure see the resemblance between you and heather!! Enjoy your trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary! Twenty six years is nothing to sneeze at these days...congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous post and love love the photos!!! Congratulations on your 26th Anniversary and here is to many more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy 26th Anniversary!!! Love the wedding day picture and todays photo. You guys look great! : )
    I loved that you made your own dress and you did an awesome job on it! Loved the story! Have an awesome day! : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, that is so sweet! Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary, Tracy! I can't stop going "aww" over the photos...anyway congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Anniversary! That photo is so sweet, as is your wedding story. I love Wayne's dad's quote - it is so something my dad or AJ would say!

    And that is so awesome that you made your dress! It is so pretty!

    And I just went to read your favorite anniversary post and I love it!!! You and Wayne have such a wonderful love story.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a precious post. Happy Anniversary to the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow. CONGRATS! I got married just a few years after you. I was was 20 then also. Looking back, I was soooo young and naive. LOL Well at least we and our spouses have grown up together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Belted Anniversary to you and Wayne and many more years of wedded bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Anniversary to you and Wayne!!
    Congrats on 26yrs and wishing you many more happy years together! =)
    hugs
    juli

    ReplyDelete
  20. Playing catch up on your blog...sure glad i did...what a great photo of the two of you...you both looks so happy!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)