Thursday, November 21, 2013

Working on the Big Project

Another day at Ashley's, another day of projects :)
Today's project was a big one.
Not quite finished with it, but love how it is turning out :)
I don't want to share too much of this project though..wait for the big reveal.
See all this wood…I love the smell of fresh cut wood.
















Starting to piece together the project :)
The green markings is painters tape. After the pieces were cut I numbered them to make sure they don't have to keep measuring them or get mixed up.
See my pink tote…yup its pretty. I have another one for my smash book, planner and journal supplies ;)
2 drills are better than 1, This way I don't have to change out drill bits ;)
Can you tell what it is?

















I worked on this project in Ashley's massive garage. Sadly I couldn't figure out how to turn on the heat.
So I wore my winter jacket and froze. I kept on going into her house to warm up.
Cold arthritic hands don't want to work properly.
Yup that is snow…did I mention it was frick'n freezing out.
But near the end of the day Ashley's boyfriend, Tyler brought me a nice warm cup of hot chocolate from Tim Hortons :)






















Day 21 of 30 Days of Thankfulness.
Today I am thankful that I know how to use power tools.
I love to be independent of having to ask a man to do something for me.
Don't get me wrong I love men ;)  But you know the saying, if you want to get something done..you have to do it yourself ;)
I countersink my screws so we have a nice flush finish :)























I hope you all had a creative Thursday :)
I am starting to get a migraine. And when I do I lose parts of my vision…dancing lights makes it hard to focus. So if spell check didn't pick up my spelling errors I apologize ;)
I had already uploaded the photos so figured I would crank out this post.

Oh ya, and the video problems are still a problem.
I brought my new computer and jump drive to Ashley's so she could figure out my video problem.
She informed me I needed to import my video…I saved it, thought it was the same thing, apparently not.

Tracy :)

14 comments:

  1. I can't guess what it is...awaiting the big reveal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A storage unit of some sort? Can't wait to see. I wish I was as brave as you with power tools - I am scared to use a drill LOL. But I do have a electric mitre saw and framed a bathroom mirror using that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. boy am i impressed with your talent!!! i can't wait to see the big reveal

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an awesome mom and handy on top of that!
    Stay warm! And looking forward to seeing the finished project :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait for the big reveal..whatever it is I know your dd will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your migraine has subsided! You are such an awesome mum. Sorry you had to work in a cold garage. Nice of Tyler to bring you a warm drink! Looking forward to the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am thinking maybe a TV stand? Can't wait to see when it's finished

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see what you are building!

    That is so cool that you can use power tools. I wish I knew how, I can use some, but not a lot of them!

    Hope your migraine is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Storage of some sort? Whatever it is, it looks like you've got it well under control! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything is lookin good, can't wait to see the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So awesome of you to do this for Ashley!! I can't wait to see it all finished! Started pulling out the Christmas tubs today to take stock of what we have and find the mini album I got from you. Made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bam! There she is! The Tool-Belt Diva! Sorry to hear you had to work out in the cold :/ Hope this migraine doesn't hang around for long, nor get worse. Get some rest my friend.

    Hugs to you - Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking like a fireplace surround!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)