Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Closet Re-do...or should I say Closet Create

As you all know, my daughter Ashley bought a home in August.
She has a bit of a dilemma, too many clothes and no closet space.
The few closets she does have, are more like a cubby then a closet.
So we have been trying to come up with the perfect way so store her clothes.

She wanted them in her dressing room.
She wanted it to look like a boutique.
But it also needed to be strong enough to carry all the weight of her mountain of clothes.
My Ashley is a great pinterest follower and pinner, and saw this idea Slanted ceiling closet
This small door leads to attic crawl space, perfect for storing seasonal decoration. So she still wanted access to it, but didn't need to see it.
















Heather and I went and picked up the supplies we needed for this.
After Ashley was done work, we came back home to pick up the rest of her clothes.
Not only are they piled in the back of the jeep, but the back seats are full as well.
And these don't include the ones she has already moved, lol.
















The hardest part of this was finding the studs in the ceiling.
I didn't have my stud finder, but by knocking on the walls and measuring between where the studs should be, we hit them every time ;)






















Here it is, nice and sturdy.
This is also a better view of the slanted ceiling.
As you have probably guessed, her dressing room is in the attic of her home.
















Do you think she has enough clothes, lol.
This isn't even all of them.
If you noticed, I put 2 supports in the middle to hold all this weight.
















In the centre of her room she has two dressers that she purchased from Ikea and painted them white.
She then pushed them together and displays her jewellery, nail polish and other pretty girly things on it.
I will share more photos, once she has it perfected ;)
















Her clothes are on display and easily accessible, and some of her shoes are displayed below...yes I said some of them ;)






















I hope you all had a creative Tuesday :)
I am hoping to wear my lounge pants all day and create...or at least clean up my craft room ;)

Tracy :)

15 comments:

  1. thanks for you help today xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime my beautiful daughter...as I know I have so much more projects you want me to do ;)

      Delete
  2. Good job, mama, Tracey!, looks great. Can't wait to see what the next project is!
    Hope you can find some creating time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great...she has a lot of clothes and shoes!
    I say go for it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so super talented, Wow lots of shoes and clothes. The dressing room looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a fabulous closet! And being in an attic, it would be very private and cozy as well. I gave up on stud finders years ago. Your method is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous idea and such a great use of that space! My craft room has a wall like that, too bad I couldn't do something like that...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea:):)And wow she have lots of clothes and shoes:):)

    Merethe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous - looks awesome!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your girls are fortunate to have a Mom that has "No Fear" when it comes to creating and DIY. Awesome job you did on the closet problem.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can I just say that I am obsessed with that perfect, little door? Holy moly, clothes! I think I have 1/8 of that, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome Tracy! But with you as her Mom And your talents I wouldn't expect anything less :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is FABULOUS! I think you need to come do my closet next ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)