Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Paper bag card and Birthday Celebration #2

Today we celebrated my FIL's 82nd birthday :)
So for his card I wanted to try my hand at a paper bag card.
I have to tel you I will be making more of these fun cards.
















What I like about this card is the bottom flap of the bag makes this neat pocket that fit his gift card in perfectly.
And what a perfect gift card to get him...but a Canadian Tire gift card ;)
















Not only do you have a pocket for the gift card, but there is a pocket on the right for a tag.
That pocket is actually the top of the paper bag.
















Here is a quick tutorial on how I made this easy card.
First thing I did was cut a smidgen...that's an actual word. I know it is because spell check didn't underline it with a squiggly line ;)
Now you don't have to cut the bit of the top off, I just wanted mine to be straight.
















Then on the bottom flap of the bag, I added some two way tape to glue the top and bottom to make the pocket where the gift card is stored.
Then you fold the bag in half and decorate how you wish.
I recommend really burnishing the folds so it lays flat.
















Here is a video I had made that shows a bit more on how I put this together and how the actual card works ;)  Short video a bit over 3 minutes :)

My FIL has a sweet sense of humour. For the picture of him with his cake, I turned the cake around so we could see the numbers without them being backwards. When I got to the other end of the table, he switched the cakes.
I think he liked this number better, teehee.
Yes, he is pointing at me laughing. He loves to tease me ;)





















Here is my great nephew and I so excited to see those cakes, teehee.





















I hope you all had a creative Tuesday :)

Tracy :)

12 comments:

  1. Such a creative card. I wish him a very Happy Birthday too. The cakes look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it- he is SO enjoying his switch! ;0) awesome card! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Tracy...I have been waiting to see what you meant...I really like it! Your Father- in-law looks like such a happy person...you have written before about what a great guy he is and I must say...it shows on his face...he just exudes goodness and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card - love the colours and the images! And great cake again! Your FIL looks soooo happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post - love love this idea !! May have to scraplift. Love the vintage elements on the card - wonderful! Where did you get the paper bags from - I'll be on the look out next time I go shopping :-) TFS Oh and Happy Birthday Tracy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just the coolest card ever! I love it! And that is a great picture of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun idea..he totally looks like he enjoyed his day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVED this line. I made a bunch of Fathers Day cards with it one year. My dad loves old cars so it was perfect. The bag idea is new for me. I think thats cool for cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card, Tracy! I hadn't ever thought to use a paper bag for a card. Love how this turned out and I will have to try it sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday!!!

    That is too funny about turning the cakes around! I love that!

    What a cool idea for a card. The paper bag turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great looking card. And I like the idea of a gift card from Canadian Tire. Great place to shop!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)