Thursday, July 18, 2013

Friends Jar and reviewing the envelope maker

I bet you're thinking..its about time she posted something creative ;)
Don't worry I have a couple more shopping goodies to share with you ;)

For today I made a 3"x3" card.
When I make my cards they are usually 5.5"x5.5". I then have a 3"x11" piece of card stock left over.
What better way to use that piece of card stock then making a card with it.

I used some pattern paper for the background and then cut the canning jar out of a different paper line.
The "friends" sentiment is from a card kit I bought years ago.
















I used this stamp by Ali Edwards for the inside of the card.
I bought her stamp set just for this one sentiment :)
















Now the main reason why I made this card was because I wanted to make an envelope for it with my envelope maker.
I have to say I am impressed.
I didn't even need to read the instructions, lol.
















Here is the finished envelope.
I used some old (ancient) pattern paper for the envelope.
Because I used a busy and dark pattern I have to put an address label on the front in able to read the address.





















Here is the main reason why I am impressed with this tool.
I made a 3x3 card and it fit nicely inside the envelope.
It even has a bit of room so the card isn't jammed in there.





















That is about as creative as I have been today.
I had to run out early this morning.
It has rained all day today, with some thunder. Actually it has poured and still is.
So what better thing to do then curl up in bed and have a nap ;)

I hope you all had a creative Thursday :)

Tracy :)

15 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mollytigger (You Tube)

    While I do agree that this is nice and very easy to use, I have seen reviews on it and some videos and it really doesn't do the larger envelopes. The paper hangs off the board. The envelopes do look very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this envelope maker and think it works fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool tool and the card is cute! Love jars!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card and so love the envelope! I need to have a go at using mine now :-) We are supposed to hit 44c (111f) today but loads of storms and rain coming in too - hmmm crafting day maybe :-) Oh and of course a "granny nap" later :-) Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that mason jar! awesome card!! and i love the envelope!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that envelope looks great! I love the little mason jar! Good enough to drink out of! :) can this tool make bigger envelopes?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute card....and is that jar a stamp? I have to admit those envelope make have always intimidated me just or bit - ok...maybe a whole lot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card! I've wondered if that tool is worth the investment. It looks awesome. It's great to know that it really works. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card, love the envelope too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been wanting that envelope maker! I make a lot of cards but not as beautiful as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice card! Stampin Up now has the envelope punch board! I'm so getting it!!! I love this punch board! I'm excited to be making envelopes! I love your paper you use to make yours! The Jar stamp I need to get it! My friend just got that stamp over the weekend to.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the mason jar! The card is so cute! And I'm glad the envelope maker worked out so well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ok, well if you are impressed then I am gonna get one. yay! thanks for letting me know.
    Hugs,Phillane

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)