Saturday, July 27, 2013

Cozy Cottage Rainy Day

It rained most of the day.
So what is a crafty girl suppose to do when she is stuck inside all day?
Well that is an easy answer.... Stay in my jamma pants and t-shirt, stay in bed and craft all day ;)
Yup I grabbed a pop, some chips and surrounded myself with supplies. 
The first thing I did, in between chapters of my latest novel I'm reading, is to make an inventory of my date stamps.
I keep my date stamps in this Stampin' Up clear container. 
See no more room so I can't buy any more ;)
I haven't used them much as it is hard to read the small print on the stamps. 

So I stamped them out. 
If you know me then you know I am a perfectionist. Or I am just anal, whatever, lol.
But anyway, they weren't stamping out perfectly, so after the 4th paper I threw out I came up with a solution. 
I stamped them out and the ones that didn't turn out to my liking, I stamped on a different piece of paper, cut it out, then adhered it to its spot :)
Another thing I did was match the ink colours to the handle colours of each date stamp. This way I will know which saying goes with which stamp by just looking at the colour. 
I couldn't use both sides of the paper as the ink bled through, so adhered the second piece to the back of the first piece then used some washi tape at the top and bottom.

I started another project but didn't get very far, as the book I'm reading begged me to read another chapter ;)

I hope you all had a creative Saturday :)

Tracy :)

9 comments:

  1. Yucky day here too. Got new tires and worked
    On a thing or two. :0) maybe watched someMadmen. :0D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Tracy and now you have a quick reference guide:-) Hope today is a little brighter for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great idea, Tracy! I have some of those that don't get used very often too! I might have to try this! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever way to organize your date stamps. Love the color coding idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really need to come and organize my scrap space :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so organised - I wish I could be more like that - I have a big bang method of crafting - that means supplies and things float around in a sea of utter chaos and then by pure stroke of random luck arrange themselves in a project - mainly from whatever I can see and grab a hold of right in front of me. Hope you're having an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really great idea! I especially love how you matched the ink color to the color of the handle! That is a really great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant! My collection isn't quite as big as yours, but it is getting there!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)