Friday, July 5, 2013

Busy Friday

Last night Wayne and I went to DQ for a little treat ;)
I am sorry to say that they failed on their swirl on the top of my cone, lol. They also failed on the dipping of the chocolate. To thin....but they did pass on the taste ;)





















Today I took my friend Debbie, out for her birthday lunch.
After I brought Debbie back to work (even though she didn't really want to go back, teehee) I stopped to visit Ashley at work.
This is Ashley's new office :)
I asked if I could take a photo, she said as long as she wasn't in the photo.
I lied, teehee.
















When I got home I finished planting my bedding plants.
They didn't look very good and needed to be planted ASAP.
As I was doing this, Kristy was watering my other plants.
It was really hot out today 32C/ 90F.
So Kristy figured I needed to cool down, so she sprayed me with the hose....which turned into a bit of a water fight, lol.

I know my flower plant (forget the name) should be trimmed down, as it is higher then out 7 ft fence.
But when I moved it to this location a few years ago, it was dead.
I really didn't think it would survive...well as you can see it thrives here :)
 Wayne and I are heading to the cottage after supper.
It is suppose to rain and some thunder storms tonight and maybe rain tomorrow.
But I would rather be out there, enjoying the view of the lake...rain or shine :)

I hope you all had a creative Friday :)
And Happy Birthday to my brother Darrell :)

Tracy :)

9 comments:

  1. Enjoy your weekend at the lake. I'm sure the view IS worth it, rain or shine! Hope it's more shiny than rainy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the DQ!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry our extreme heat has headed your way. It has been unbearable here. Enjoy your weekend at the lake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure what your shrub is but it is gorgeous. Those pink blossoms are so pretty!

    We are finally home from the lake...the kids got dropped off at Salmon Lake (part of the Douglas Lake Ranch which is the boiggest working ranch in Canada...20,000 head of cattle). They are now on a trout fishing weekend...just Dads and their kids and a bunch of boats and fishing rods!
    The Mom's are all having a glass of wine about now I imagine...lol. Every year all the Dad's in their group do this fishing trip with the kids and they talk about it all year. It really stretched our trip home into all day as it was a long way in off the highway and eventually about 50kilometers in mostly on gravel roads.
    I am going to post some photos on my blog in the next couple of days as it was so ruggedly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a fabulous weekend - and so nice to hear, we can still act like kids when having a water fight LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coming here always makes me hungry:) I think that plants likes its new home!! Enjoy your weekend up at the lake

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about the drips, but as long as it tasted good, that's all that matters! We replanted an azalea this spring because it kept getting trampled by the kids. We'll see if it thrives on the side of the house. Hope you are enjoying your weekend at the cottage ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmm, ice cream! I have been wanting ice cream for days! That stinks that it wasn't pretty, but at least it tasted yummy!

    Ashley's office is so pretty! And big! How cool!

    The water fight sounds like fun, especially on such a hot day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like your plant(I don't know the name either) has definitely made a comeback. We had ourselves a DQ treat today - I tried the Lemon Meringue Pie Blizzad - it was fab!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)