Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Washi Storage/Video

As most of you know, along with a lot of you, I love washi tape.
Funny thing is, I couldn't understand what all the fuss was about at first.
Until I got my Day Planner :)
Now I can't get enough of this stuff.
















I used to store my washi tape in a little pull out drawer, until I ran out of room.
I had a couple extra of these embroidery floss containers and thought I would give them a try.
I am really happy with how these are working for me.
I like them because:
1, They are inexpensive
2, They are portable. Perfect for taking to the cottage, a crop, or just to a different room.
3, They are in separated by colour, so don't have to cart the whole lot with me.
4, They are clear. Even though I have the labels on them, I can still see what is exactly inside of them from the top, bottom and sides.

















If you want to take a closer look at how I store my washi tape and the other options I had tried, you can check out my video :)

I hope I have inspired you to organize your washi tape and find a perfect way for you to store yours.

I also hope you have all had a creative Wednesday :)

Tracy :)

18 comments:

  1. What A Fantastic Idea! IWould Never Even Think Washi Would Fit In One Of Those! And Seriously, You Have A Ton Of Washi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creative day-not so much. Like how you organized all your washi tape. Mine is in a clear flower vase, so it is all colourful in my room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK stand up now and Hello my name is Tracy and I am a ... washi tape addict...and i love every minute of ti...teeheee

    Your organization looks great...I would anot have thought they would fit...but they did and look good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!

    I've been watching your YouTube videos for a few weeks and just found out you have a blog too! (Yes, I am guilty of not always read the text below the videos >.< )

    Love your washi tape organisation! I was thinking of sewing myself a case to put them in, but realized when I saw your video that ...yeah, it wouldn't take long for me to grow out of the case...I buy new ones every time I'm in any place that sells them...and found bunches I want on Amazon :D

    Ok, I stop rambling now! Anyway, thank you for sharing your organization and oh yeah, I love the videos and posts about your planner too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving the way you are storing these!! your colors are sooo pretty! i love washi tape but i have to admit i only have like 10 rolls- LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a brill idea to store the washi tape!! Love all the colours. And by the way I saw the Bear Claw, and you didn't put it back in the draw LOL! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent idea! You do come up with great & inexpensive storage/organization ideas! I need to get to doing something with mine. I bought an upright turntable spice rack to do something different with some of my junk. Still have not bought the first roll of washi tape yet. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your washi looks so pretty!!! Thanks for the storage idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your ideas of storing them in groups of colors. I love how that looks. Great functionality too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOooh, good to know that washi will fit in those containers!! I only have about 15 rolls, but right now they are in a pull out drawer that isn't really easy to get too and...out of sight, out of mind. I'm going to check into moving them all into a container like you use. Thanks for the idea! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty, organized way to store them all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really think you need to come organize my space ;) LOVE the storage idea's!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that looks great! I store mine on an old skirt hanger :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a great idea, Tracy. And inexpensive, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You always have the best ideas....but I think I beat you on the height thing - I am about 145cm tall - and I think that translates into 4 foot 7. Congratulations on your daughter graduating - she must get her lovely personality from her wonderful mum!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow you have a lot of tape!! Love that storage idea.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great way to store all of your tape! I don't have enough right now to warrant special storage, but when I do, I'm so getting one of these boxes!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)