Monday, June 24, 2013

They put protective seals on everything

Do you find something odd with this photo?
Like, do they really need to put a protective seal on our dishwasher agent?!?
I can totally understand protective seals on our food and on medicines.
But what is the logic in putting it on our dishwasher agent?
Is the company trying to protect the product from being tampered with...do they think someone is going to look at this and say, "well good thing it isn't tampered with, at least I know its safe to drink now"
No, I think they do this so they can get a laugh at us, as we try to pry this open.
Thank goodness this wasn't tampered with when I had to pry it open with my teeth.























Onto My Day:
I am in the cleaning mode...like spring cleaning, from the top of the house to the bottom of the house, room by room.
I should be done some time next year...or the year after.
Just in time to start all over again ;)
Today I cleaned the dining room from top to bottom. I started on that room as it is the easiest to do, lol.
I didn't get to the windows and screens though.

I also tackled the tops of our cupboards.
I am embarrassed to say that I had to actually use a scrapper to get that gross grease and dust off.
I took everything off of the tops of the cupboards and am not putting them back up. I am donating the stuff that was up there..except my crock pot, that I will keep.
I then gave them a good wash down, and then cut flyers to fit on the top. You can't see them at all, but it will be so much easier to just take the papers off next time its cleaning day.
I also washed down the fronts of the cupboards.
Next house will have cupboards that go right up to the ceiling ;)

Tomorrow the top of the fridge, wish me luck ;)

I have so many crafty things I want to work on like...Tim's tag for June, my DT project, my smash book, my journals.......and a lot more.
But my home keeps crying out for me to clean, organize and get rid of crap.

I hope you all had a creative Monday :)

Tracy :)

12 comments:

  1. oh man! That is the thing about cleaning. You do it and then before you know it, you have to do it all again! :p I said at the beginning of last school year, I was going to go room by room, purge, organize and figure out how I really wanted things to look.
    I did get some done, but no where near what I wanted!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been a busy bee toda! Good job!!!! Me, not so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bet it looks great.
    I sm hardly home from now till our return from holidays...but when we return I want to do the same to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. probably the protective seal is there to prevent a mess in case any of the bottles spill during shipment. I have a tip for you. Next time you clean your cabinets put Press and Seal on the tops. Then all the grease/dust will be easy to remove by just taking off the Press and Seal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are tampering with our minds LOL! Drives me up the wall. Suppose I better get some cleaning done this week, with Andy due home for the long weekend:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i totally hate all those seals they put on
    it totally drives me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cleaning that greasy dust combo is the absolute worst! They should bottle that stuff and sell it to scrapbookers as a new permanent adhesive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha, I hate when random things are sealed. And then I really hate when something I think should be sealed isn't. Then I don't know if it just wasn't sealed, or if its been tampered with...and I usually throw it away!

    That is great that you are cleaning so much! I so need to do that! I don't want to even think about the dust on top of my cabinets.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well yeah! They wouldn't want anyone poisoning your poison!! :-) :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice you're getting cleaning done. Can't finish that tag too early, ya know... LOL! Just teasing! Love what you are doing with them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry I'm a bit behind.

    LOL, I've wondered about a few of those seals too. I mean, really!?

    Love your idea for fliers on the top. We used to have that filthy spot on top of the cabinets too. Thanks fully this kitchen doesn't but if they are there in the next kitchen, I'm using that trick.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm baaaack! Did you miss me? :0)
    We have white cabinets (love), that I wipe down several times a week (hate) and every few months do a thorough wipe down. I had my girls clean the insides of the top ones when I was still working and exams were over; time for the bottoms ones to get cleaned!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)