Monday, June 17, 2013

No glasses...yet

Today, was a day I was regretting.
The reason.....
I finally went for my eye exam.
My friends kept telling me to get my eyes checked as I was using my cheaters all the time, and it was time for glasses.
Glasses...I don't want glasses. As much as I like to believe I am still young, my body keeps proving me wrong, lol.
Glasses would only prove to me that yes Tracy, age has caught up to you.
I know you may be thinking...but you wear cheaters, so whats the difference.
Well besides about $400.00, its just the principal of the whole thing.













I am happy to announce that my optometrist said I am good with the cheaters, I don't need reading glasses.
I can not tell you how happy this makes me.
My body may be falling apart, but at least my eyes are good for a bit longer anyway ;)

Hope you all had a creative Monday.
I had to register for "Crop and Create" that is coming to our town this October :)
Hopefully tomorrow I will share something creative with you :)

Tracy :)

14 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your eyes are still good. I'm very happy for you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are cheaters the ones from the drugstore? I am now finding that I need to use them on occasion- every now and then at bedtime, they make it easier. Good news that the cheaters are suitable still! :0D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for no glasses...I'm always scared to get my eyes checked too. I should probably do that soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing wrong with glasses LOL - I'm blind as a bat without mine. But it's good that you don't have to get the prescription ones just yet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always good news when you can get away with just using the cheapo reader cheaters! I'm on the verge of needing them myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No gasses! Hip, hip hurrah! A scrapping event to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, no glasses!!!!! I bet you were really feeling good!! Crop And create sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have worn contacts for almost 40 years and 4 months ago i had lasik surgery and it is sooo awesome - now i still have to wear my cheaters but it is not that bad
    congrats

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah! I'm jealous! I've had glasses since I was 7 (and I'm 26 now!) I can't even see when I take them off. If they fall on the floor while I'm sleeping, AJ needs to come find them for me!

    Sometimes I think I would like Lasik like Mary Pat, but it scares me, and I like wearing glasses. I can switch up my look between glasses and contacts so easily :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great news let me tell you girl! I wore contacts for 40 years and had to switch to glasses last year. $1300.00 and 3 months later my eyes changed and I had to buy them all over again...of course it was $1300.00 all over again!(

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's cool that you don't need custom glasses. I wear contacts when I'm out in the world and I have noticed that it's taking me longer to focus on the small print. I can still see it but I sense that subtle shift, that I won't always be able to see it. Sigh. I'm gonna fight it as long as I can though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your so lucky Tracy.NO GLASSES!. I have to wear mine all the time.Cant read a word without them. Glasses are not for old people only. Lol. Now you can smile again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's awesome news! I have bought me some glasses from Walmart just to see the up close. Not too long ago! lol Not liking the idea to much... The age part!!!! lol Have a nice day Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tracy, I am jealous - I have terrible vision and have been wearing contacts since I was about 13 or 14. I cant see at all without them. The worst part is that I have to wear reagular glasses for seeing and then put on a pair of cheaters on top of that for reading. It's a huge schlep.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)