Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thinking Wood Mount Stamp Storage....

As you know, I have organized my clear/cling stamps :)
Now the problem I have is, how am I going to store my wood mount stamps.
I was thinking of un-mounting my smaller stamps, like the $1.50 ones from Michael's.
If I was to do that, I would store them with my clear/cling stamps.
But I have so many wood mount stamps that I would like to leave on the wood.

As I was looking for ways to store my wood mount stamps I came across some very interesting ways others have stored theirs.
This is one of those nuts and bolts holders.
Isn't this such a neat idea :)
You can find the post about it HERE :)
















Then I had seen this, which is another neat idea. But honestly I don't think this would work for me, as I would have to open containers, then containers to find the stamp I want. I know, for me this wouldn't work.
You can read about it HERE.













Then there is this idea...which I think I may actually do.
I don't remember if I had seen someone else store their stamps this way, or if I thought of it.
Does that ever happen to you????
I will think of something then wonder...did I see this somewhere or did I think of it just before I fell asleep, lol.
I looked all over the web and couldn't find a photo, so use your imagination.
I would replace the inks with my stamps...plus this holder has more pockets on the other side ;)
Not sure if this is big enough though.
This is my photo :)





















I have also seen where border trim was attached to the wall like thin shelves, to display the stamps on. Of course I can't find a photo to share with you, but this one is similar to it.
I like that idea, as I would be able to see each stamp.
Read about it HERE.

















I was even thinking of making a holder like I did for my distress inks . But am thinking the stamps may be to heavy though, as it is just foam core. Check out my distress ink storage HERE.

After so many years of creating I know what may or may not work for me.

1. I am a flipper...not a page turner ;)
2. I need to see my supplies in order to use them.
3. I need my products to be put "like with like"
4. I hate to search for what I need.

I hope you all had a creative Thursday :)

Tracy :)

23 comments:

  1. I like the last option for wood stamps. I'm like you, I want to see everything...but organized and tidy. Oh geez, is this even possible? I'm thinking wood rustic shelving for dies, metal baskets, dowels for ribbon, high shelf to display stuff. Oh I don't know. And I've been in my craft room for almost 2 years. Good luck! Helps to see your journey;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the last idea, if you have the wall space for it! I also find I need to see in order to use and I think that I am also a flipper. ;0D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I really love the last idea! That is so fabulous!!!

    I can't wait to see which idea you decide on :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the last option for wood stamp,I love the idea very much:):):)and I have wall space for it too...

    I also want to see my supplies in order to use them:)

    Have a nice weekend:)

    Merethe

    ReplyDelete
  5. If they were my stamps and if I had any walls ;) the last option for sure! There might even be room for expansion. For now though I have index cards, an exploding shoe box and one of the ArtBin Prism Boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the last option looks really cool! love how ou are exploring all your options before you pick one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the hanging holder you show in the photo with distress inks. It is portable. The last idea works well in that they used space behind the door that otherwise goes to waste. I use $1 store baskets and sort by type. I'm sure you'll find the best solution for the way you work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous ideas Tracy - you are inspiring me to look at the way I store stuff. I forget I have some things because they are stored away in drawers. I'm even thinking of making my own storage for my Spectrum Noir pens as I'm hoping to get the rest of them soon. Thanks for the inspiration Tracy. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the first option is a neat idea, but what do you do when you run out of drawers? l like the one on the wall. It seems like it allows the most room for growth. Of course I'm speaking for myself and not for you. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE LOVE LOVE the ink storage! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you have any one of these http://www.bestscrapbookshelf.com/index.php/products.html and use 1" drawers, they work quite well. I only have a few stamps that are too thick to work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree, if I can't see it I won't use it, I love the storage with the border trim :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have put a lot of great thought into your storage. I definitely don't have as many stamps as a lot of people, so my storage is simple. a basket on my counter for acrylics and a pullout drawer for my wooden stamps. The inks are stored in a hidden drawer underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi love the shelf against the wall behind the door. Great idea

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you find some type of storage that works for you for your wooden stamps. You did awesome with reorganizing your clear stamps. Also hoping the crud leaves you real soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. If I had the space or a separate studio I would do the wall to ceiling shelves. I find my shallow drawer system works well because i can see them all. I'm similar in that if I don't see it I won't use it:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is so hard to chose...isn't it!I think I like the thin shelves best...then you can see what you have!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi I like the wood shelves, as you can see all you stamps, This is what I am planning for my new craft room. Why not have all the ideas, and if you don't have enough stamps to fill them up then what are you waiting for the shop's are open LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. I liked the last one you posted the wall. I know what you mean about seeing your stuff out in the open. I have a lot of scrapbooking items I forgot I had. I do need to see, there are stamps and punches I forgot I had....lol TFS : )

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, I just wanted to share with you all how I store my stamps. I have 5 of those tall plastic drawer units from Target and walmart that have 9 drawers in them. Several of the drawers in the bottom of the unit are a little larger. I have my stamps sorted out by subjects such as Birthday, flowers Girly Boys Animals, etc I made labels and put them on the outside of the drawers. I can just pull the drawers out and take them to my table. The unmounted red rubber I have in those little rectangle plastic baskets that you can get from walmart they have different sizes. I have those in with the wood stamps. If any one wants a picture I will send one to you personally if you email me. I have my colored cardstock scraps stored the same way with the smaller units that have 4 drawers and have a drawer for each color group. These can stack to fit in your space on a shelf.
    Hope this helps!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't have a good way to store my wood stamps either. I put them all in a cube storage mixed together. All those ideas seems good to try.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am interested to see which storage solution you come up with. I am exactly like you on the 4 things, I don't want to flip through pages to find my stuff and I really have to see it. I do like similar items together makes it so much easier to find what you are looking for. Streamline baby, that's my motto!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that behind-the-door shelf idea. I will have to remember that for when I make my new craft room. Hopefully there will be a little space behind the door.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)