Friday, March 1, 2013

MFT card sketch challenge.

One of my goals this year (along with the 100's of others) is to try my hand at some more sketches and to join a few challenges.
Today I decided to try my hand at a sketch that MFT (My Favorite Things) put on.
I used this adorable Pure Innocence image called Making a List.
I also used the paper pack called Sunny Side by Pebbles.
Some black cardstock the I punched out with my Martha Stewart punch.















And here is why I think I'm a photographer, lol.
I popped up the image with some dimensionals.
The sentiment tag was from a stamp set the my friend Marlene gave me :)
















I am a bit rusty with my colouring as I have been focusing on organizing my supplies lately, instead of creating with them.
See the pretty jewel I put in her hair....ya that was a cover up, lol.
I coloured it blue and did not like that colour on her. So I wanted to cover it up ;)
Some Sparkle to the rescue ;)





















Here is the inside of my card.
I didn't  add my index card yet....as I was running late.
















Again here is my completed card :)
















Here is the card sketch.
Great sketch isn't it :)

















Onto My Day:
After dropping Kristy off at school I picked up a cake pan. Kristy is making her friend a birthday cake. Told you, Kristy enjoys making cakes for her family and friends.
I ran to the border to pick up my markers (remember some of the Distress markers that I ordered were dried out). Ashley order a really pretty blouse as well.
Sharon, Heather and Kristy came along with me. We went for lunch then went to pick up the parcels.
They couldn't find either Ashley or my parcel.
I wasn't sure if mine was in...but Ashley's was in last month.
They finally found it, but it took 3 people. They didn't charge me for holding it :)
Tonight was scrapbooking Friday, so had some of my ladies over to create.

I hope you all had a creative Friday :)

I am entering this card (if I do it correctly) in the  Wednesday Stamp Club Sketch Challenge at MFT.

Tracy :)

11 comments:

  1. Love the paper you used for the layout, Tracy! The pure innocence are sweet.
    Hope to create a bit over the weekend; had report cards and had to finish up a belly dance top for a performance on Wed. I will need a birhtday card for my eldest dd, she will be 15 on the 11th; and another for her BFF whose birthday is 3 days later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that little jewel! Such a pretty card. I like the spring floral colors. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my golly this is so adorable!! love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is the cutest! I LOVE the inside and you make me laugh about the photography! Lol!! Did you ever get your card uploaded right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That stamp is so cute! And I really like the black lace effect with the border punch...really pretty contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Tracy and great take on the sketch. Lovely colours and such an adorable image. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful card and yummy looking cake. I will come for cake some day. maybe I can twist a arm for a butterfly? LOL just kidding.
    Hugs,Pea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card, the girl is to cute with her flowery dress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like her blingy hair pin! And I'm glad they found the packages and didn't charge you for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute!! I love that paper you used-it's got all of my favorite colors in it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)