Wednesday, March 20, 2013

It was a High/Low day

Today started out as a fabulous day :)
I went to my cardiologist for my check up and to get the results of my MUGA scan.
I was ecstatic to find out that my heart is the strongest it has been since I was first diagnosed with Cardiomyopathy in 2002.
My iron is low...like not even on the chart low, but that is nothing new, lol.
I got the doctor to check out to see if my cold is an infection or just a cold.
It turns out it is just a bad, long cold. No infection....which I am happy about :)

Then it turned bad, real bad.
You all know our wonderfully, well loved cat Rose.
We noticed yesterday that it seemed she was having a hard time breathing...like having to take short deep breaths.
So off to the vet Rose, Heather and I went.





















The vet took an x-ray.
See the dark long shadow, that is her lung.
Now look on the left hand side, see that tiny dark shadow...that is her other lung.
No wonder she was having trouble breathing.
He drained her lung and got a large bowl of liquid out of her.
When he showed us her new x-ray both lungs looked the same.
But sadly the vet doesn't think she is going to get better. He said this is just to make her more comfortable :(
I wear my emotions on my sleeve, so I shed some tears while we were in the room.
My Heather is emotionally strong.
As the mother I am suppose to stay strong for my kids, but Heather was the one who stayed strong for me.
Rose is home and wandering around and seems good. 





















So nothing creative from me today.

Hope you all had a creative Wednesday :)

Tracy :)

23 comments:

  1. Tracy
    My heart is with you today.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHhhh, my heart goes out to you!!!! ((hugs)) I know how hard it is to hear those words from the vet. We heard that several times about our basset hound - "just keep him comfortable," and it was all we could do. Show her much love, and know that you've given her a wonderful, loving home, letting her know that she's safe and cared for. Keep us updated, you'll be in my thoughts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrible news my niece's cat is exactly the same, cyber hugs.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs to you Tracy! Glad to hear that your heart is in good shape, but so sorry about Rose. Just keep her close and love on her as much as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad all is well with you!
    But am sorry that Rose isn't faring as well.
    Glad he was able to make her comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm so sorry but i will continue to keep heather and rose in prayer. sometime it is the children that keep the parents in check.. my yorkie was sick simple siduation and i was oh so torn up... but truly enought Prayer chnages tthings.. I will continue to pray....

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so sweet. I'm so sorry the vet didn't have better news. Delighted that your cardiologist had good news for you. I can tell this was an emotionally wringing day for you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no fluffy:(. It is the worst when our fur babies aren't well. It is so terribly painful. BIG {HUG}!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad that your MUGA results were good for you. BUt I am so sorry that your gorgeous fur baby is just not right. Sending you lots of thoughtful hugs. Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you got good news on the health front but sad to hear about your adorable kitty! What is the fluid buildup from?

    ReplyDelete
  11. On no!! That is horrible for your little kitty :( Stay strong and enjoy the time you have together. Pets are a little blessing...

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy for your good news but I am sorry for your fur baby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad your news was ok so sorry about poor rose, be strong :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tracy I'm thrilled about your MUGA scan :) I hope Rose is still feeling comfortable today. I know how much a part of your family she is, especially Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good to hear about your health. Sorry to hear about your kitty. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad to hear you are doing better, but sad your kitty is not feeling so well. Hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad that you got a great bill of health but my heart is heavy for your sweet little Rose. It is so hard to see our little fur babies suffer and know that we aren't able to fix them. Big hugs coming your way~

    ReplyDelete
  18. Poor Rose. Glad they were able to make her more comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Poor baby. I have a sick kiity also.The weather has made my kitty ill.Awsome about your heart.Do you thnk it's because you retired and your resting more?.I hope so.Now,only if you can get rid of that pesky cold> :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Tracy. I am so glad you are doing well, but I am so so sorry about Rose.

    I will be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm happy to know your doing good. Sorry about Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  22. :( I'm so sorry to hear about Rose. It's so hard when our pets are hurting. On the other hand, I'm glad your health news was good.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)