Sunday, January 13, 2013

Celebration meal and another DD page.


I don't know about you, but this weekend sure did seem to fly by and fast.


I did get to work on Ashley's December Daily for a bit tonight.
Ashley's pages are coming out so different than Kristy's.
I was planning on, maybe, using the same layouts for all of their albums.
But the photos are different, Ashley didn't want as much journaling on hers and the papers they picked out are all different.
Kristy's pages were more fun and bright.
Ashley's are more, not sure of the word I want to use...sophisticated?
I'm curious how Heather's are going to turn out.















 I am on day 23 for Ashley's.
I think this may be the first time I have used washi tape.
I picked these up at Michael's yesterday.
You would not believe how many times I had to reposition these. I just couldn't get them perfectly straight.















Wayne the girls and I were going to go out and celebrate our retirement tonight.
But I wasn't feeling up to it and we all agreed that Chinese would be a great alternative.
So here is our fancy dinner ;)  See I even had a coke with dinner.
We will go out for dinner on a later date though.
As of today I have lost a whopping 3 lbs, but after enjoying this greasy, high calorie meal, I am sure that won't be the case tomorrow, lol.
















Onto My Day:
Today was a bit of a sad day as I packed up the last of the book work to be sent to the new owners of the company.
I have been doing the book work for over 21 yrs. And packing it up, was a bit emotional.
It was kind of hard to realize that I don't need all this stuff anymore.
I want to sit down and tell the new owners how I do certain things for certain customers. Not that I expect them to do the same as I did, as I am sure they won't. 

I hope you all had a very creative weekend and a relaxing and creative Sunday. 

Tracy :)

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very bittersweet celebration. Hugs to you! A family business is like part of the family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can imagine how sad it was to pack everything up. hope you are feeling better!!

    i love chinese take out- so fun to sample all the fun things

    ReplyDelete
  3. My weekend went far too quickly too. I am sure it was sad to pack all that book work up. We had Chinese back when Cait was still here. Harlee always likes share Chinese with her auntie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure the new owners will be grateful and impressed with your organization. They are fortunate you keep such careful records. That will make their life taking over the business much easier. There is a sadness to moving on. There will be far more exciting things to fill that void, I'm sure.

    You aren't alone, I can't ever get Washi straight on the first go. Good thing it resticks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure it's tough to put this stage of your life behind you - so much bllod sweat and tears went into it.

    I love how each of your daughters' DD are different.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Change is so hard!
    But I think it can be such a good thing.
    Adventures ahead and all that :)

    And I had to laugh at your post at 2p's about how you are sick of December. Three albums on the same topic *is* a lot. It took me a whole year to get one Ireland album done for my MIL. I just kept getting burnt out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sold my little business last year and it was hard to let it go and not look back. The new owner is doing things her way and I get emails from past customers telling me they miss my style. You just have to kind of turn the other cheek and not look back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, weekends always go far too fast! I bet there's a lot more paper crafting time in store for you, then! :) Looks like a yummy spread!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Letting go and accepting change is so difficult. Good luck with your diet, I have finished the first two weeks pretty well so far.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photo on Ashley's December Daily, so much snow. Looks like a yummy dinner. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous page and lovely photo. Dinner looks scrummy - I cooked me and the girls chicken strips they had theirs with pasta and I had a baked potatoe:-) Maybe I will lose some weight too with Andy being away:-) Have a good evening.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that washi, I couldn't tell very well from the picture on Facebook, it's so pretty! Do you think the books are taking on the personalities of the girls? Your celebration dinner looks DELICIOUS! I love Chinese food! I hope you're feeling better though. I can only imagine how you're feeling, emotional is probably an understatement :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great page, especially the washi tape. The Chinese food looks yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It must be so hard to pack up everything and give it over to someone else. I hope you are feeling better today.

    Your pages are great! I love the washi tape (I reposition mine a million times too!)

    Your dinner looks yummy! And your coke looks yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think this is my favorite page so far. Love the washi tape. I would be like that too...repositioning a million times!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful page! I love Chinese food. My dd has allergies that prevent us from going as a family, so sometimes dh and I go while the kids are at his sister's house. Date night. lol

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)