Monday, December 10, 2012

Jingle Bells and a Poinsettia from a friend


I have been keeping it simple with my Christmas cards this year.
One of my goals is t use up my scraps on my cards, as we know most recipients of our cards don't keep them.
But there are a few of my friends that I know do keep my cards.
So for those friends, I do more detailed cards.
This is one of those cards :)

I love this paper and didn't want to cover it up.
So I coloured this cute CC Designs image with my Copics. Backed it with a detailed die cut from Spellbinders, and added some jingle bells :)















Isn't this paper just so pretty :)
I added some real jingle bells to the card. I attached them with invisible quilting thread and wrapping it around the snowflake brad.





















Like I mentioned before I coloured the caroler with my Copic markers. I then paper pieced her coat.
As always I shaded her paper pieced coat to give it more dimension.





















Onto My Day:
I took Heather to her dentist appointment. Ever since she has to pay for her own exams, she hasn't gone for awhile.
I had to explain to her, that no matter the cost, you have to take care of yourself first. My Heather is even more thrifty then I am.

I was cleaning up the house, and needed a new container for my tickets for last month.
So I went downstairs to get one and ended up spending the majority of the day packing up 3 years of tickets to bring into storage.

We interrupt this post as my friend Lynne and her daughter Brianna came by for a quick visit :)
Look what they brought me....a beautiful poinsettia.
Isn't she so sweet :) 
Thank you Lynne :)





















I hope you all have had a creative Monday :)

Tracy :)

21 comments:

  1. Very pretty card indeed. I tend to give the most elaborate to my friends who appreciate the aork that goes into them...other crafters...they may quilt of sing etc but they understand.
    Those that take one look and then huck it into the garbage, get the quickie cards!
    teehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paper is lovely and the so is that frame!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwww how sweet of your friend to bring the flowers. My dad got one every year and it has been so hard to buy one since.
    I love the card and the bells is the sweetest touch. okay off to bed as a very early nerving day:/
    hugs,Pea

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this little one is so cute! love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the added jingles. I went simple on my cards too and used a paper pack from last year. Nice poinsettia. I would love to have one. And even though my cat is not a plant eater, I'm not taking any chances.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty with a beautiful frame!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love that paper and the Jingle bells, so cute! That poinsettia is beautiful. My boss gave me one last week, but I'm afraid it's already looking dead :( I'm good with paper, not living things. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you framed her on the card. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, this is such a sweet card. The jingle bells are such a cute touch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tracy your copic coloring is fantastic as always, your cards are so detailed and lovely. I'm a keeper of cards, I have everyone you have given me. And I use them to remind me of a couple of things, how blessed I am by your friendship and how sweet you are. And as a guide to help me with my coloring of my images.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, love the little jingle bells.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't blame you for not wanting to cover up the paper design, it's a pretty one & your stamped image is so darling! And how perfect for the theme!

    When I make cards, I only make them for those that really appreciate them, which end up being my MIL's friends mainly. One even gives her sister the cards I make because she loves so much that she frames them for her holiday decor.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute card and its always nice when a friend drops by, especially one bearing such beautiful gifts, tfs

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a beautiful card! The paper and the image go so perfectly together!

    I did the exact same thing with the dentist when I moved. And then I had my first cavity ever :(

    The poinsettia is so pretty! We've never had real ones. My mom read that they can be poisonous to dogs, so we never kept them around!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful card Tracy, I love the image and your paper piecing is fabulous. And that paper is gorgeous, now wonder you didn't want to hide it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That paper is so pretty! Love the cute little jingle bells and your coloring. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your card the bells are so cute!!! That was so sweet of your friend. Leigh:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute card, love the paper and the bells

    ReplyDelete
  19. Too sweet of a card and adore how you've done the bells!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful Xmas card. Love the image and the little bells are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This card is adorable! That background paper frames your cute image very well, and those jingle bells are the best!

    Hope Heather's dental appointment went well and she has no cavities :D Beautiful poinsettia you received from your friend.

    Love - Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)