Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Copic Papers and how I store them


I have been asked a few times what is my favourite type of paper to use when I colour with my Copics.
Simple answer is X-Press It paper.
But I thought I would share how I organize my different types of papers.
I bought this portable file folder from a stamp yard sale last year. It works perfectly for my papers.
As you know I love to take my colouring with me, so I need to bring my paper with me as well.
This way no matter if I am using my Copic markers or my water based markers, I have the paper for it in this container.  The very front of this is my water paper.















 Here is the portable file folder all closed up. See so easy to take along with me :)















Here is a video of how I store my papers in more detail.
I hope this helped :)

Onto My Day:
It was another beautiful day today. I love this weather, but I know its not going to last forever though.
There was actually a mosquito outside when I brought out the garbage.
Nothing else exciting for me today, besides putting together 2 videos.
I have a few more videos to do. I was planning on doing them earlier last month, but such is life ;)

I hope you all had a creative Tuesday :)

Tracy :)

14 comments:

  1. My excitement is a box of goodies I got from Papercrafts magazine that I won in a draw! Hope to at least take a pic of me with the goodies! So exciting! Heading out with my girlies to see breaking dawn tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Tracy - great idea with the papers - and yep this goodish weather is not going to last :-) Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so organized tracy!!! i have only tried the neenah- maybe i need to try some different ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea for storing all those papers. So cute, too.
    I can't believe you actually say a live mosquito this time of the year. I'm sure it won't be alive much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a great idea for paper and perfect for taking it with you! We're having great weather here to. I think it's going to be another mild winter here :) Let's send positive thoughts out!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great idea. I have a tough time with paper with the Spectrum Noirs. They are really picky and don't blend well on alot of papers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great idea to store paper! I like how you clip them together too. I'd probably do something like drop it all over and not be able to figure out which were which!

    Also - what song do you use for your videos? AJ always asks me whenever I play your videos, but I always forget to ask you! He says it sounds familiar to him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great paper storage!!! Come and help me, over here in MT!!!!
    Weather not too bad here either, since that horrific snow storm a couple of weekends ago!
    Hope you have been creating today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tracey me again
    Do you remember what was the resolve when you had blogger problems and it said you had no more memory or room and wouldn't let you post your pictures.
    i think you said you needed to host your pictures to another web program like picassa or something or you had to go in one by one and make them smaller or something...but didn't post that if you did them late at night you had no problem???

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how organised you are... its great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! I never take my crafting with me but if I stayed in a cabin sometimes like you do, I would.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for this post and video. Finding the right papers to use Copic Markers with seems to be a trial. I'm sure this will be a very helpful post to those looking for the right papers.

    I love your colored images. This storage folder is awesome. Looks like you can take both your Copic tote and your paper all in one hand.

    Love you - Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, we love to know what you know;) I already knew that but a great reminder. LOL
    big hugs girl
    Pea

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a huge ream of x-press it and another of Neenah. I also have a bunch a La Blanche paper that I really want to use but it was so expensive that I'm hording it lol. I'm scared to use it. Not that the x-press it is so cheap either. I love that picture of your copic tote. It make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :D.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)