Friday, October 19, 2012

The end of the Girls Trip

Well we made it home safe and sound :)
I don't know how Wayne does it, driving for so long with out taking a break.

I think I may be coming down with a cold. I have been chilled ever since last night.
At first I thought it was because I had to gas up the jeep last night, in the rain and it was windy and freezing, and the pump didn't want to co-operate with me.
I was determined to warm up in the hot tub at the hotel. I only had 10 minutes until they closed the hot tub. But I paid for the pool side room (even though I didn't want pool side) so I was determined to get use of it.
There was a gentleman in the hot tub and we had a nice chat. He made it clear that he was divorced and I made it clear that I was happily married, lol.















We stay at this hotel every time we go to Winnipeg. My girls have always loved this staircase.
When they were younger they loved when we got a upper pool side room so they could go up or down these stairs.
Not so much now, as now they are usually loaded up with shopping bags, teehee.





















On the way home, we made a pit stop to the cottage. The water is turned off so we had to use the outhouse...better that then down a back road in the bush, lol.
I noticed some of my flowers have survived the cold temperatures and the snow we had got there.















When we got home I was exhausted. I dropped my bags and took a nap...an hour and a half nap. Wow, that drive wore me out.

I think Wayne missed me.
When I got out of the shower I noticed on the bathroom mirror "I heart U" written in the steam.
He can give me diamonds and expensive gifts...but its the little things like this, why Wayne has my heart.

No Friday Night Scrapbooking tonight.
Sharon is in Duluth, Lynne wasn't sure when I would be back, so she is making egg rolls (remember your friend Lynne, remember your friend ;)  )  Debbie is also busy tonight.
Which is okay with me, as I think I needed some down time.
I was going to make some cards with my scraps....but I am just sitting here enjoying my hubby's company and watching Dexter and checking out the blogs I hadn't got to this weekend.
Maybe I am coming down with something...Not wanting to craft, I can't be healthy, lol.

I hope you all had a creative Friday :)

Tracy :)

12 comments:

  1. Glad you had a safe journey!
    Driving like that makes you realize how hard they work when they drive non stop!
    Sounds like you had a good time with your girls and now snuggled up with Wayne instead of crafting??? I say crafting can wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you arrived home safely from your long road trip and that you had a fab time. Hope its just the tiredness and not that you are coming down with a cold. Have a great relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad you girls had a wonderful and safe adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet gesture writing the message in the mirror. That just makes you melt, doesn't it? Glad you are home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you arrived home safely and I hope that you are feeling better today. Curtis and I have been hacking for the last week and I am so done with it!!! Looks like a nice hotel too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, rest up! How sweet of Wayne! Got in a wee bit of shopping while my parents and I waited for our table at the cactus cafe. Am off to shop today- not scrappy stuff, but clothes/ Chrsitmas! I was messaging my family last night and had told them I had bought an iPhone. My eldest was excited, as she was going to inherit my 5 year old phone. Oh dear....she is going to be so disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How romatantic Tracy,I bet you missed him too, they say absence makes the heart grow fonder. Glad your home safe and sound. Aud x

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, that's funny about the guy in the hot tub! It's always so nice to come home, isn't it? That's so sweet of Wayne :) Sometimes you do just need some downtime.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool stairway, I hope you're not coming day with a cold. Drink juice and rest =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How inappropriate for that guy to make you uncomfortable and hit on you in the hot tub. Troll. Then you got home and Wayne made it all better :D Cool! Give that man a hug around the neck and tell him I think he is awesome :D

    The hotel you stayed in reminded me of one we used to see quite a bit of in Wyoming when we did a lot of winter traveling.

    Glad you and the girls are safely home.

    Love you - Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you all got home safely! I'm sorry you are feeling sick!!

    That is so sweet that Wayne left you a message like that. He is definitely a keeper ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes you just need a break from crafting, and then are back at it full force! Sounds like you all had a great time away!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)