Saturday, April 21, 2012

Happy Mail and no Peas Please

Look what I received in the mail the other day :)  Happy Mail.
Laura asked if she could send me some journal cards. You all know I love to journal, so of course I said yes.
Well not only did she send me these cute packs of journal cards, die cuts and huge giant recipe cards. Her son also made me a card. How sweet is that.
I will be displaying it with all the other cards I receive from my talented friends.
Thank you so much Laurie and Anthony :)















Remember when I said I went over the border yesterday.
We also went out for lunch at the restaurant there. I ordered their Chinese Lunch Special.
It had sweet and sour chicken, fried rice and some kind of cream cheese Rangoon's. Everything was really good.

Now by looking at this photo you would think I had a side order of peas...nope.
These are all the peas that were in my fried rice. I HATE peas. Always have.
There is something about not only the taste but the texture of them.





















Blast from my past:
When I was a little girl I was suppose to eat my peas.
But my older brother Darrell, would usually sneak them off my plate for me ;) and say "Ho, Ho Ho, Green Giant, lol.
Or I would hid them under the rim of my plate and wait for everyone to leave the table then throw them in the garbage.
Or put them in my mouth go to the bathroom and spit them in the toilet. 
Or drop them in my milk glass. You couldn't see them in the milk, teehee. But never drink all my milk.
To this day I never force my girls to eat anything that they don't like.
Yup, I'm scarred for life because of this, lol.
But I do enjoy raw peas from the garden ;P 

Onto My Day:
Wayne and I needed to do a bit of running around. When word got out we were going to the hot dog vendor at Canadian Tire everyone wanted to come. ;)
So we all went out as a family. Is that all it takes, I'll be treating every weekend if that's the case ;)
I did tidy up my craft/scrap room today, while I talked to a sweet friend on the phone for an hour and a half ;) Actually I talked to two friends while working in my room.
I really need to get a long distance plan, lol.
I also went to work on a new project. Not a card, not a mini album, but something that looks pretty and hopefully will help me keep my stamps in order. Curious eh?
I will hopefully get it complete tomorrow and I will share that on Monday.

I hope you all had a creative Saturday :)
I keep thinking today is Sunday :-O

Tracy :)

23 comments:

  1. I hate cooked peas too but love fresh peas. When you cook them they turn so nasty and mushy, ew! I did some of the same things you did to get out of eating those little buggers. However my brother wasn't as kind as yours, mine would toss the food he didn't like under the table by my chair. I got in trouble for wasting food so many times it wasn't even funny.
    Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh. My comment did not post. :0/

    Lovely goodies to play with!
    I have 2 cards for challenges made and a little box for a gathering I have on Monday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. love happy mail day!! Enjoy your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for my Birthday wishes Tracey, your too funny about the peas, cant' wait now to see what it is you are making, I'm off work tomorrow so hope to be back for a look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your goodies with us. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love peas! Can't wait to see you stamp organization project, tfs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't laugh at me but I love Canadian Tire. I love Tim Hortons and its always my first stop when I get up there and then I make a stop at CT. I'm such a dork!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought you were going to talk about no Two Peas, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hear you about the peas! I am not a fan at all. Especially the mushy canned ones. Blech!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not the biggest fan of peas, so you have me loling at your "hide the peas" story! I love the happy mail you got too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel your pain! I'm not a fan of sauerkraut, and was forced to eat it as a kid.

    Can't touch the stuff.

    Very cute items in that happy mail :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not crazy about peas either. I like them fresh picked from the field but that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice goodies you got. Peas not my favorite food, but I don't hate them. My parents never force my sis and I to eat anything we don't want too. But when I was younger, a teacher forced me to eat all my mash potatoe during lunch time and I threw up in class. I never eat mash potatoe and she said I can't go out to recess if I don't hehe.. after that happened never again she force me to eat those potatoes. hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll admit it. I'm weird. Okay, you already knew that. lol! I love peas! Even as a baby, my mom said I couldn't get enough. Can't wait to see what you create with that Happy Mail you received. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yea for happy mail! I don't mind peas so much, but they have to be cooked right. I don't like them to be mushy. Glad you got you're room picked up and got to talk to your friends while you were working on it! Can't wait to see what you're working on!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha - that does look like a side order of peas. I use to hate peas too but now I love them - weird how tastes can change. I have picked through my food like that before though - removing those things I don't like :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great weekend! :) I had no problems with my veggies as a kid. Ate em all up! And if we were in school and ate all of our veggies, we'd get a stamp on our hand. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a nice RAK. I think I'm going to Staples tomorrow and pick up some of the graph index cards. I have some credit there so I don't even have to spend any money. I am doing a spending freeze until July I think :( I'm twitching just considering it LOL. And I am one who LOVES peas. However I totally understand because my stepmother went on a diet and would only make chicken. We ate chicken every single day for like a year. I could only eat so much before I would start to gag and I was forced to eat it. I never force my kids to eat something they don't like either.
    Oh and why don't you skype? You get to see who you are talking to and it's free. I think you can even talk to more than one person at a time now. As you can see I don't use it very often because I think I just read somewhere that you can group video chat and you used to not be able to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  19. so glad you got work done while i jawed your ear off! LOL
    big hugs my friend
    Pea

    ReplyDelete
  20. yea, what Dena said about skype. we could do it! LOL Oh the three of us could break the system. LOL
    for the record I don't mind peas but I hate hominy. Blah! I was forced to eat it & we never had it in this house.
    I made my kids eat 1 tbsp. I figured that wouldn't kill them and it wasn't too bad. we all gotta do things we don't like. Part of life.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So funny about the peas! I wondered if you meant 2peas at first :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Boy, you sure got a lot of cute stuff in that there happy mail! You should be good for journaling cards for a while! I know, one can never have enough journaling cards, or anything scrappy for that matter!

    I love peas, but I prefer the frozen ones over canned any day! Fresh ARE best, but too much work. LOL! My daughter won't eat them and picks them out of everything. I occasionally make her take a bite just to see if her tastes have changed. It worked with the green beans. ;)

    I worked a tiny bit in my craft room trying to organize, but not much and not enough to notice in any given spot. Originally it started out that I was looking for some specific paper (that I never did find).

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your posts about the hot dog cart at Canadian Tire are great. No Canadian Tire in California. Believe it or not I have the hardest time shopping here. lol I have to visit 4 or 5 stores to get what I used to get in one. And hot dog carts, oooh so jealous. That's the first place I'm going when we get back home followed immediately by a Tim Horton's coffee.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)