I made this card today, with a new stamp I had purchased.
My friend never told me if we should continue our Spending Freeze on craft supplies, so all is good ;)
She is a CC Designs stamp. I just love these stamps.
I can play around with my copics and still paper piece with these images.
When Sharon was over on Friday for Scrapbooking night last Friday. I did a bit of tidying up of the scrap/craft room.
I came across these paper strips that we had saved from when we did 8 1/2 x 11 layouts!!
Funny as we never thought that we would ever do 12 x 12 layouts. Now this was about 15 yrs ago, lol.
So these are the strips that we cut off from those 12x12 papers.
I was going to throw them out (like I don't have enough scraps). Sharon suggested that I should bring them to camp for the camp fires.
But I thought of another plan. I had seen this done before and then again on pinterest recently, so I thought I would give it a go.
First thing I did was separate the strips by colour.
Then I took a piece of copy paper and cut into a 5x5 square and put adhesive on all 4 edges and a bit in the middle of the paper.
I picked out some colours that I thought looked good together and stuck them on the copy paper.
I let the paper strips hang over the edge.
I then cut the paper overhang off.
I was going to sew the paper for a decorative look.
That turned into a disaster, lol. First I had to lug my old sewing machine out from all the crap in my laundry room.
I had the wrong foot on the machine and broke the needle.
Then I had to find the correct foot for it, and another needle.
Once I got the machine ready, my tension wasn't correct and the threads balled up on the back of the paper.
I was soooo over sewing on my card.
I remembered I had this tape runner that looks like stitching.
Ohhh look at those beautiful straight lines, lol.
I finally realized a ruler was a great tool to get the lines straight.
Here is the finished card.
Even though nothing worked the way I wanted it to, I think it still came out pretty darn cute.
I also wanted to show you that I never get rid of a project that doesn't work out. There is always a way to fix them. With this card I just hid the parts I didn't get straight with the image and some embellishments ;)
Here is a closer look at the coloured image.
I coloured her with my Copics and paper pieced her dress.
I wish this Spellbinders die had in between sizes.
I would have loved one die a tad bigger then the smallest one here, and a tad smaller then the largest one here.
I will have to look into this.
I picked up these cute butterfly embellishments from Michael's about a month ago....before the spending freeze.
Here is the inside of this card.
Look at these nice straight stitching lines :)
The ruler trick worked.
I don't think I will be buying these stitch runners, if they even make them anymore.
If you rub the stitching it comes off :(
Onto My Day:
Wayne wanted to go for a drive, but I didn't.
So he asked if Ashley wanted to go with him and he would let her drive his truck. Now Wayne doesn't let anyone drive his truck.
I don't think he even likes when I take it, that's why sometimes I take it out just to bug him, teehee.
She was shocked and loved driving it.
I lost a Copic marker, E-00, somewhere. I have been looking for it for days.
Not only that, I also lost my cheater glasses.
I think I am a lost cause, lol.
I hope you all had an enjoyable weekend and a creative Sunday :)