Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Defunkifying my Life pt 2

Well I am still on top of keeping my incoming mail nice and organized :)
Next step is to organize the stationary drawer.
Do you really want to see it all messy and scary?















I know its messy, but because the top of the cabinet is so clean, it doesn't look as bad, right?
Okay it still does ;)
I go in this drawer every single day, many times a day.
Does that help???
Didn't think so.















It was mostly full of papers that didn't belong, and way, way to many pens.
Some tips on cleaning out some drawers.
1. Empty-Take everything out of the drawer
2. Clean- clean out the drawer.
3. Sort- Put all like items together.
4. Purge- Get rid of papers you don't need, pens that are dead, and anything else that doesn't belong.
5- Organize- Put away the remaining items.
I have a metal cutlery tray that I organize my office supplies in. I also have some empty, heavy duty plastic chocolate containers that I separate my pens and pencils in.You don't need pricey storage containers.
In a different drawer in the kitchen, I have pens in a cereal box that I cut down. Use what you have.
Is it odd that I want to retake this photo because the stapler should be turned around because the letters are upside down, lol.















Here is the bottom cupboard of this cabinet. It is always is this organized.
This is where I keep a lot of my papers for the Company Business. So it has to be organized.
I have everything labeled.















Here is a closer look at how I keep organized and my labels.
Pens, Pencils and  Fasteners- this is for extras
Quotes- I need to change this one, as it now houses my price lists
Note Pads and Envelopes- This holds the Business's invoice and statement pads and their envelopes. The bottom shelf has more files in portable file folders for both personal and business.
These are things I may need at my fingertips. More detailed files are kept in my big filing cabinets.





















These are in my mail slot containers. I need to keep these close as well. I do go through them every few month and file the older ones in the filing cabinets.





















Again things I need at my finger tips.
School- papers from the school, that may need a signature, or report cards.
Personal- papers, that need to be filed and I just needed a place to put it
Business- Month end invoicing.





















I hope this helped you to figure out how you may want to organize your stationary items.
Mine may look a bit more detailed and fussy, but because I also do bookkeeping in my home for a business, I have more items to organize.

Onto My Day:
Look what I found :)
An Iris peeking out of the snow. Funny thing, it was behind a snow shovel ;)
Yes Spring is coming......even though we had sleet all day today.
Bright side of my day, I was able to chat for a bit to a YouTube friend that is one of the sweetest ladies :)





















I hope you all had a creative Wednesday :)

Tracy :)

20 comments:

  1. Looks great! Isn't it nice to get organized?? My irises are coming up too..they are budding but it's a little warmer here. Thanks for stopping over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love your organizing! And yes, I would have wanted to retake the photo after switching the stapler around :o) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips on organizing! I will use them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you...keeping up the mail, WTG. You're really inspiring me to get orginized, I do the bookkeeping for my husband's business too but I have to confess that I have an organized MESS, lol. Oh and no, I don't think its crazy to wanna retake the pic cuz I would too ;D Take care Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing great on organizing. The drawer does not look messy to begind with hehe... If you want to see messy I can show you the drawer that I used to to put notepads and pencils. It's filled with things I don't know how it got that, example a screwdriver lol...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing such a great job on organizing good for you and great for us because you are inspiring us!
    Love the tips you gave, will definitely use them.
    See spring is coming your way, it may take a bit longer but the sun will come out tomorrow, tomorrow bet your bottom dollar........oh my did I just do that?! :)
    I am sure your friend felt that talking with you was an incredible blessing and the bright spot of her day as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How would you like to come stay with me for a week here in England Tracy?! *Ü* I am in need of your organisational skills - it's not that I am not an orderly type but that it has gotten out of hand and I need to spend time going through each drawer etc. and throwing out unnecessary papers and excess stationery. Thanks for the tips. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks super organized! I really admire you. I've got to get into my office and tackle some of this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your organization...TFS.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very well organized, do you want to come to my house to defunkify? tfs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job organizing! Love the photo of the Iris. The word "hope" came to mind when I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for clean and organized!! Looks great and is a huge reminder to get my piles of mess cleaned up and put into it's proper place!

    Love the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your drawer looks awesome and you really have me wanting to buy a label maker... :) I always think it's funny to see flowers popping up in the snow! Surely that's a good sign!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmmmm, I'm not seeing a problem with the first drawer picture since that's what several of my drawers look like! I justify it by saying it's organized chaos and no one should be touching my stuff:)!! But great job with the organizing

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous! I know that my junk drawer needs to be organized- wish it would stay organized. :0/
    I wonder if my irises are trying to get out from under all the icky dead stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sigh...I need you to come over and help me organize a few spots in my house!
    Your area looks so nice and organized!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything is looking so nice and organized! I am super jealous of your label maker, I really want one! Maybe I'll mention it to AJ this week as part of our "get organized" project...I mean, I need a label maker to get organized, right?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nicely done! Cute tags for the mail slots too!

    I won't show you my Iris, don't want to make you feel bad...they're not blooming yet, but I seen some in town that are. No snow here, but we are still getting frost at night, if that makes you feel any better. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. thank you lady, yes as someone who struggles with this a lot this is most helpful! I think I will take this challenge too. One day at a time.
    LOL
    Hugs,Pea

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)