Thursday, April 12, 2012

Alice in Wonderland Mini Album

Well here it is, the longest post in history, lol.
I am finished with the mini album.
I have been talking about this "Alice in Wonderland" mini album and working on it since February.
And I am finally finished :)  This makes me so happy :)
Here is the front cover of the book. I added lots of dimension as Heather likes dimension, and well, this is her book.
Isn't this paper beautiful. Lots of fussy cutting on here.















Alice and the bike (penny farthing) are from my DT mini album kit from Enchantments Scrapbooking.
Alice was just a silhouette. I covered her with copic paper and drew and coloured her up. Her arms were cut from some other image that I played around with the sizing and again coloured.
See the white rabbit running in his hole? 















 Here Alice is falling down the rabbit hole. I wanted to have her more animated as the world she is entering is strange.
I made this tiny book with just pictures as Alice had said "In my world the books will have nothing but pictures."















Here Alice went and drank the liquid, silly girl.
Here is the door open, so you can see what is on the other side ;)















 Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum come into the story here. They tell Alice about the Walrus and the Carpenter and about the curious Oysters.
















I made these tags to go with the story.















On the backs of the tags I put on some of Heather's photography.
The door is a fairy door that my dad made.
The clock is one of Heather's D.Bay gifts from last year.
The key with the lock is a photo shoot that Heather came up with. I thought is was so cool.















Alice went into the house and ate a cookie.
See what happens when you don't ask, lol.
The house is from a chipboard mini from Michael's $1.50 bin. I painted the house and added the shutters out of thin chipboard.
I drew and coloured Alice so it looked like she outgrew the house.















Alice meets the singing flowers. I love the Bread and Butterflies, and the Rocking Horseflies.
Everything about this movie is so unusual and has a play on words.





Some more of Heather's photography inside the pockets on the tags.
This is a photo of Ashley. Heather came up with the idea to put a bird nest (yes this is a real nest) on her head and entangle her hair to look like it is part of the nest. Love this picture.
I put this one in, because when Alice was in the forest, she grew and a nest got caught in her hair. The bird kept yelling Serpent.
This is one of Heather's favourite parts of the book. I copied it and shrunk it down to fit the tag.
















Of course what is the story without including the Caterpillar :)
The mushrooms are all stamps that I coloured and fussy cut.
I coloured Alice and the Caterpillar with my Copics.















Heather's favourite character in the book and movie is the Cheshire Cat.
On this page I showcased all the characters that she had met so far.
















I love this paper so much I didn't want to cover it up. So I made these pages flip so once it is open you get to see that beautiful paper.
















Here is that same page with the flaps opened up. I added some pockets and tags.
















Here are some more photos that Heather took.
















The last page is dedicated to the Queen of Hearts.
All of these images were in black and white. I think I may have just copied them from the book. I coloured them with my Copic markers and popped up the main images.
Lots of fussy cutting in this book.
















On the back cover I used a picture I got off the internet of the Cheshire Cat, with the another one of Heather's favourite quotes from the movie.
















So there you have it. I am really happy with how it turned out.
Heather said it was Awesome, so that is all that matters.
Here is a video I made of the book if you want to take a closer look.






  Onto my Day:
I started yet another mini album.
Not as detailed at this one though.
I am trying a new type of mini and a new kind of binding.

Hope you all had a creative Thursday:)
And I want to Thank You so much for all your sweet comments on my 1st DT project.
Actually thank you all for visiting me and leaving me comments. You all brighten my day, put a smile on my face and warmth in my heart <3

Tracy :)

31 comments:

  1. Amazing mini! No wonder it took you so long, there was so much detail in each page! The photography is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow Woman, This book is amazing! I love all of the photos you share that Heather does, they are fantastic! I love the way this mini turned out :o) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy *bleep*!!!! This is, well, amazing seems too lame 'cause it is whatever is 100 levels above amazing!!!!! So glad you made the post long so we could see all the pictures. It looks so fantastic in photos, I bet its even better in person. This is so fantastic Tracy. You are SO talented. Thanks for sharing it with all of us!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Tracy,
    You have gone above and beyond with this mininalbum for Heather . She should be so proud of her mama's work. All the time you took to do the fussy cutting and colouring of images for all that detail-beyond awesome!!!! A job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This album look amazing. I like how you color the caterpillar. Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! This book is AMAZING! Heather is so lucky to have such a beautiful present! I love how you worked her photography into the book in such a fabulous way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Fantastic, Tracy!! Beautifully done and the paper is so awesome- you did a great job showcasing and embellishing it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tracy I love, love this mini and Heather is right, it IS awesome! Okay you drew the Alice bursting out of the house? Wow!!! Incredible job.

    Heather has such an eclectic photography style, I think all her photos are so cool, she is amazing like her mom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome Tracy!!! I'm speechless (well as speechless as I get anyways lol)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ok that is truly amazing tracy!!!!!! wow!! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tracy, this is AWESOME!!!! You do amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep this is truly amazing and so enchanting hun. Loved watching the You Tube video for it.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can see that you did NOT disappoint me with the finished piece! There are so many things I love about this book! The cover is ultimately my favorite page, but I love so much more inside - even if I don't care for the story itself. How cool that your daughter has pictures that fit with the themes here and it allows her to showcase them. LOVE THAT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you put alot of time into this album. It is beautiful! I can't wait to see the new mini you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my! I am in awe.
    You put so much into this mini album! It's breath taking! You are SO talented!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW!!! is all i gots to say....stunning

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh WOW!!! Breathtaking!!!! So many thoughtful details. I think my fav might be those little mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my god, I don't know what to say! Alice in wonderland is still my all-time favorite book! I think I've read it over 100 times and I find something new and wise about it every time.

    Your book is AMAZING. I'd buy it in a heart beat, because I know i"d never be able to pull something off like this.

    Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. great mini album!!! <3 <3 <3 this!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You really nailed it!! What a great job on this mini album, I hope there's a contest somewhere on mini albums because you would win, hands down :) Just Awesome Tracy all the details and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are so truely talanted, what an amazing mini album. It was worth the wait lol.
    Loved the detail and watching the video. You have inspired me to try an make my 1st mini album. Love reading your blog I do so every day. :) Keep up the fantastic work tracy.
    A fan from New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Unbelievable Tracy. I am beyond speechless... You did such an amazing job on this mini and I know Heather loves it! I think my favorite page is Alice coming out of the house! You always add so much detail, beautiful job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This beautiful and looks like so much work - you are awesome!I am partial to the cheshire cat so I love the back cover - but the whole thing is really really great!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are an amazing artist Tracy. Absolutely amazing. You have practically re written the story with your artistry. Such fantastic pictures and photography and the way the whole thing is put together I found myself engrossed in the fantasy which was so delightfull! And I believe that is the whole idear!
    Love it!
    LouAnn

    ReplyDelete
  25. This mini album is soooo fabulous,you have done a really really wonderful work.you have soo many great and fab details, love your mini album:):)
    Hugs Merethe

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is awesome. It's so totally opposite of what I am usually drawn to, yet I think it's completely fab. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are so creative! Love the Alice mini!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely gorgeous. You added a lot of details, which is super cool. I love this project. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)