Thursday, August 4, 2011

HeArt Journal Challenge 2nd Week

Here are my pages for the HeArt Journal Challenge that Greeting Farms is putting on.
I was pretty happy with how it turned out actually.
This scene is what I see from our cottage deck
Now I know that this may not be art journal worthy, but to bad, lol..
 Here is the first page.
I stamped the trees. I had something else in mind, but this is the only stamp I had that wasn't too huge.
There were only 2 trees on the stamp with swirls around it. So that was fun....Not.
I used embossing powder for the sand around the outer part of the lake.
Again I sponged the sky with inks.
                               
 A bit of jounaling.
The envelope is to journal about the challenge.


Water painted the water with Stampin' Up marker. I applied the ink to a stamping block and then picked it up with my water pen.

The dock it that blue thing ;)
Can you see the deer across the lake? We see one there every so often. Plus the loons usually makes their nest on the peek of the lake.
The beach is made from sand paper.

I was out in the shed at 1:30a.m. looking for sand paper.
We don't have lights in the shed so I had to take a flash light with me. The only one I found had dead...well almost dead batteries, it had a very low light.
I'm not afraid of the dark, but I was afraid of the skunk or the raccoon that is living under the shed.
You know we still haven't seen that sucker yet. But he is still there.
I don't think that it is a skunk as we can't smell it at all.

My girlfriend Debbie invited me over for supper tonight, so we can make up our lists of what to bring on our girls vacation :)

Hope you all have had a creative day.

Tracy

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful page, Tracy! Looks like you painted the scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty crafty, Tracy!

    Pssst...gonna ask again really nicely...can you please turn this dumb word verification thingy off? It's such a pain (and does nothing to deter spammers anymore). PLEASE? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an awesome job with your pages for your art journal.
    I hope you can include Yellowstone on your vacation. If you plan to stay in West Yellowstone you should probably make reservations now. That is how we ended up in a camping cabin-because where I wanted to stay was booked up.
    I think it should be about a 10 hour drive from MPLS to Glascow. We live about 6 hours east of there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Tracy, it looks so peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tracy, what a great idea and creation...love it. FABULOUS! ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! I love the little deer on the other side of the lake. I'm wearing my glasses and it took me a while to find him. I love that you put a sand castle on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very pretty. It does look like a painting. You're a brave girl out there with a weak flashlight in the middle of the night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun that you made the sandy beach part of the picture from sand paper-great texture! It sure looks like a lot of stamping for all those trees! It looks very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All it's missing is you on an air mattress! It turned out great! Love the sand paper! Have fun tonight planning your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really nice job! Hey, have you gotten the package I sent?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pages turned out great! A girls weekend sounds like so much fun. I need to plan one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice art journal pages - very creative to use sandpaper for your texture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your pages! Looks like such an awesome place to spend time during the summer. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)