Monday, August 15, 2011

Girl on the Bench Card

I am really enjoying making these scenery cards.
The background paper was white, so I sponged on the blue sky and left the white for the clouds.
I also sponged green ink on the bottom edge for the grass.

I coloured this image with, guess what....Copics !!!
Then detail cut her out.
She was so much fun to colour.

I punched the butterflies then folded the wings up. I also used a punch for the flowers, then formed them for some dimension.
I stamped the bench on pattern paper that looked like wood. Then I cut it out and adhered it to the background paper.
I popped up the girl up with foam tape.   

One last look at this little cutie :)
      

Onto My Day:
I had to do banking today.
Heather and Kristy came along as they wanted to check out Future Shop. Kristy is looking for a new camera, as she left hers out in the hail when we had our storm. It still works, sometimes. She wants to take daddy with her. I think in hopes that daddy might chip in 1/2 the cost, lol.
Heather was looking for a pair of head phones for her Ipod. She has the bud ear phones, but when we travel she has to turn them up so loud to cover up our music, lol.
She didn't find any though. Heather is like me.... thrifty. And didn't want to spend that much on them.

If you are wondering about my Hot toddy. Well it didn't work. For one thing I forced myself and drank only 1/2 of it. Plus I don't think I put enough alcohol in it. But I still could taste the booze, gross.
I kept coughing last night and would wake myself up, so I slept downstairs on the couch which reclines. Such a better sleep.
Hubby couldn't find me when he went to work this morning though, lol.

Hope you had a creative day today.

Tracy

19 comments:

  1. Feel better! I have an altered notebook I am working on and will likely post tomorrow, kinda stuck at the moment; and some teacher gifts I am working on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love the softness of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are feeling better for when you travel.
    Cute, cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, AS always! I just love your coloring, and those copics...you totally rock them! As for the hot toddy, I don't drink either so I probably wouldn't have drank it all, especially if you can taste the alcohol :0) I hope you start feeling better soon though! Thanks for the sweet comment about my boys :0) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an absolutely adorable card!!
    Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty little scene here! Love the butterflies. Funny...my DH always knows where to find me since his snoring drives me from the bed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tracy, you card is awesome...great work! ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my this little girl is just sooooo cute! great job as usual with your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so talented at coloring images! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tracy you are knocking these cards out of the park! This is so pretty!

    Sorry your hot toddy didn't work. Maybe you should try straight alcohol? (yuck) The burning might be enough to keep you from coughing, at least for a few hours ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute card ... feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute card! Love the background. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card! I have not made the leap to backgrounds yet, but I might have to! Yours looks Fab! Thanks for the peek! -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable! Love how you did the sky!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable card, Tracy. Love the dimension. One of these days, we're going to get you on Photoshop Elements, and teach you how to digitally merge images. (Really, it isn't hard at all!)

    Hope you feel better soon. That cough sounds nasty. Are you sure it isn't acute bronchitis or pneumonia you're dealing with, girl? Please take care.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute creation Tracy, love the image and it looks really sweet with your scene.

    Sorry your Hot Toddy didn't work, hoping you feel better soon, sending you warm hugs hun.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tracy, I love your card! Have a good day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is just beautiful - you're doing fabulous work with your Copics.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)