Sunday, June 26, 2011

Our Piece of Paradise.

 I really enjoyed my weekend at our little piece of Paradise.

Getting there was a bit scary. A stupid lady was talking on her cell phone and went all the way into our lane of traffic. We travel on the Trans Canada highway to get to camp. It is only single lane (except for passing lanes) with lots of curves, hills and rock cuts.
 Wayne had to swirve and drive on the shoulder of the road. Which is dangerous as well, as it is gravel and at those speeds you could go right off the road. But he is an excellent driver and got back on the road without a problem.
Stupid lady. I wanted to follow her and well .... that wouldn't have been pleasant.

This is a lupin plant. It is planted in the memory garden we made for Wayne's mom, Cil.
 It wasn't until we were packing up to go home that I saw this bird nest in the old pine tree.
 It is in front of our side door. The door we go in and out of 100's of times a day. I can touch the branches standing on the deck.
 Can you see the robin?
She is pretty camouflaged in there.  I wonder how many babies we are going to have this year?
 We put in the dock this weekend.
I organized the front closet.
Wayne and Kristy swam. I didn't. I am a July baby, I need it to very warm in order for me to go swimming. And even then, I would rather float around on an air mattress, and just dip my feet in when I get to hot :)
Kristy and I coloured images most of the weekend.

I started and finished the book this weekend.
It was so good. I couldn't put it down.
There are 2 other books in this series. I can't wait to read them. But I have to have nothing else to do, because I know I wouldn't get anything else done once I start :)
I hope everyone had a wonderful, creative weekend.

Tracy

15 comments:

  1. That does look like paradise! What a wonderfully relaxing weekend for you, you know after the blurb with the dumb lady on the cell phone. Thank goodness for Wayne's Rockstar driving skilz! My sister has read those books and she loved them too! I got just a bit of creating in on Saturday morning, some last minute wedding things for my wonderful neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh...I'm with you - can't swim unless it's like bathwater! LOL.

    I can't stand bad drivers. Grrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend...well, except for the bad lady driver, I'm glad you weren't run off the road, how scary!

    I've read the Hunger Games trilogy, you will love the other two books, and they are making movies out of them! Thanks for your comment on my blog....I will hope that both of us get out of the funk real soon! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. stupid driver. I would have well gave her a hand gesture and cursed the car. LOL

    Lupine the heart plant. Many a blood pressure medicine is made from this plant. Digitalis. I have them too in honor of daddy. They do grow wild here though.
    I am with you on the whole water thing but used to be a polar bearing champ. LOL Long time ago.
    Good books are wonderful,but not doing anything but reading is why I still with magazines. If I get a good book, don't get nothing done until I finish.
    Have a wonderful week my friend.
    Hugs,Pea

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i hate people talking and texting while driving! glad you are safe!

    love the nature photos--so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tracy,
    Wow, that does look like a wonderful place, great for a weekend getaway. Beautiful pics. So happy to hear you are safe after that phone lady. Grr. I get so aggravated when I see people talking and driving
    Hugs
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Glad you made it to your camp in one piece! It looks so peaceful there.

    I love the Lupine plant! I planted some seeds earlier this year & I know I won't get flowers, but hope to have some next year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great weekend and what a pretty place to get away to. I loved the Hunger Games and Catching Fire. I still need to read Mockingjay. But like you need to set aside a weekend because I know that once I start it I won't want to put it down.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Giver yourself a few hours and read the other two! They are so good! I loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like the destination was worth the tricky trip to get there. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Tracy,
    Some people are so carless but glad that you all are okay. I love the scenery...I could definitely vacation there. Thanks for sharing your awesome nature scene with me. That looks like it might be a very good read for me too, may not be able to put that one down either. ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Floating on an air mattress sounds great! I'm not much of a lake or ocean swimmer. Would rather be in a pool where close encounters with wildlife are less likely.... :) Glad you got some images colored. Can't wait to see them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVED the Hunger Games series. I read the second one in one day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely looks like a great paradise! We have crazy drivers around here all over the place too, especially the ones on their phones! I love reading but, it's more of a winter thing for me and I would much rather float around in the water also :0) Not a big fan of swimming. Glad you had a good weekend! Hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad everyone is OK, and Wayne used his awesome driving skills. Crazy people on cell phones when they are driving.
    I have Lupine in my garden too that are just starting to bloom.
    Glad you had a good weekend.
    You wouldn't catch me in that cold water of Lake Superior either.
    Leslee

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)