Saturday, June 18, 2011

First weekend at our Cottage this year :)

I finally finished this book.
It was really hard for me to get into. I kept falling asleep while reading it. I would have put it down long ago, if others hadn't wanted to know my opinion on it.
Maybe it was because I was also reading it inbetween doctor appointments and procedures.
But once I got about 1/2 way through it, it got better and I did enjoy it.
I am NOT the only one who wasn't impressed with this book. I have met one other person. Everyone else who has seen me read it praised this book.
At the end of the book they put some inserts for the second one.
It has my interest. I do have the second one, I lent it to the neighbour.

Onto My Day:
We went to camp early in the morning..before 7:00am.
We put in the water.
Got the fire pit ready for the summer.
Dropped the snow plow from Hubby's truck in the garage out there.
Took the plastic off the windows (which peeled the newly painted window frames paint off one window)
Repainted the frame.
Visited our neighbour, Sonja. Poor lady, she broke her ankle yesterday in 2 places and has to get her cousin to take her back to the States for an operation on it :(
Re-tarped the trailer.
Put out our solar lights and Flag.
I even got to colour during a movie in the evening.

Hope you all enjoyed your Saturday

Tracy

7 comments:

  1. I haven't read this book, heard it is good though.
    Have a good week
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't read the book but I saw the original movie. My friend, who loved the book, said the movie was close to the book. I didn't find the movie that great. I was bored.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy, for some reason, I have been avoiding this book, although I have heard lots of positive things about it.... Not sure that I want to wait until I get1/2 way before I enjoy it...looks like a borrow from the library kind then. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm I was thinking of reading this book. I have books everywhere! Like you I'm reading Water for Elephants while waiting to pick my son up from the bus. It's good so far. The Kings Speach was really good too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read the first one, my friend has read all three and said they are all hard to get into. :) Glad you got some coloring in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Busy camp weekend! At least you got to color :0) Hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have read all three of that series and I found the first one the hardest to get into. But I like all three. I have read the Water for Elephants too. It's been a while since I have read so much. when I was younger I devoured books. You got a lot accomplished at your camp.
    Leslee

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)