Monday, June 27, 2011

Colouring together :)

Short post tonight as I worked all day. It rained all day, then tonight we got some loud thunder and close lightening.
So I thought I would show you some colouring Kristy and I did at camp this weekend.
I coloured these with my Copics. Not sure why the background paper is a dingy off white.
 I tried to make the balloons transparent. I had seen a video on this, but we were at camp so I couldn't double check to see if I was doing it correctly.
What do you think of it?
 I am happy with how her hair turned out. But of course I didn't record which colours I used, as I never do. I don't really care for the colours of her dress though.
 Here are a couple of images that Kristy coloured. She coloured 9 images to my 3 :)
She used Copic markers for the hair, and Stampin' Up markers for everything else.
I love her colour choices.
I asked what she was going to do with her images, she told me nothing.
I tried to encourage her to make some cards for her friends, but nope, she didn't want to.
I did start on a new project I am excited about. I was in the Zone, then hubby called me to watch a movie with him. I didn't want to bring my tools upstairs, so I will hopefully finish it tomorrow.

The postal workers have been forced to go back to work. So hopefully I will finally get some mail tomorrow.
I feel so bad for the ladies who are in my Window Envelope swap, having to wait so long for their swaps.

Hope you had a creative Monday :)

Tracy

20 comments:

  1. Rain, yuck! We had tons of storms all night, but it cleared up today and was actually pretty nice out. I love yours and Kristy's images! Those balloons look amazing! So cool how you made them look transparent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a lot of rain last week, but the weekend was great & even though they said rain today, it didn't happen. yay!

    The cards are all adorable & I think the balloons turned out perfect! I hadn't seen that technique before. You nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, we had sun today after 2 days of rain. Hope the sun shines and you can sit out at the water! The balloons turned out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on your balloons, they really do look transparent! The images you two colored are so cute :0) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh these are great. Your colouring is effortless. Ugh...so happy mail will be moving again:) I'm sure everyone will understand!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your colouring is realling coming along-great job.
    Glad to hear the postal strike is over. I had a couple of birthday cards to Canada in the mail.
    Summer weather coming your way--we have some hot days ahead.
    I worked for a while today too and back again tomorrow.
    Doing anything special for Canada Day?

    Leslee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tracy,
    Your images look so FABULOUS! You have got skill. I love all of them. TFS! ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  8. what beautiful images--those girls are sooo cute! your coloring is amazing. i have taken 3 copic classes and my coloring is still horrible. how do you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tracy,
    Great job on the coloring, and I love those images. They are super cute.
    Awesome job
    Hugs
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are really great! I noticed the balloon transparency right away! That looks amazing and I have NO CLUE how you managed to do that! Wow! I'm seriously impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These would make great tattoos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The coloring looks amazing. Can you recommend any videos that you liked? Adorable images! If you do another image swap, let me know I would love to join.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy wow! You totally nailed the coloring on these!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for your kind words on twopeas. I appreciate your help and encouragement. I envy those who can do what you do. I don't own a single Copic and I don't think it would be something at which i would be good anyway. I don't even color well - LOL, but this is SO pretty. Also, thanks for "following" me, and I have also followed you.
    Blessings and gratitude,
    Karen
    http://www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well looks like you're putting those copics to work! Beautiful images!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, you've got those transparent balloons down pat!!! Was it Holly's (Squigglefly) video you were watching? I know she did a pretty good one a while back.

    ReplyDelete
  17. UMM, THOSE BALLOONS ARE FREAKING FABULOUS oopps, i was writing in caps, sorry! I have never seen that technique before, so, these are the best transparent balloons that I have ever seen! love them, love all youe colorings!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I think you did a great job on the balloons! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)