Today my baby turned 16. I can not believe it.
When she was little she would just climb on her dad's or my knee and just be at peace.
She would call me into her room to lay down with her while she fell asleep (and of course I did).
She would tell us where she was going every second of the day. "I'm going down stairs", "I'm going to the bathroom" or "I'm going in my bedroom now". We thought it was so cute that she wanted us to know where she was every second.
Now she is old enough to drive.
She always had a habit of rubbing the underneath of my neck, when ever she sat with me or before she fell asleep. I wonder if she remembers that?
Look at those eyes. I just want to snuggle those cheeks.
Here is my baby tonight on the day of her 16th Birthday. I still have to get my head around this. I had 16 years to prepare, but I'm still not ready.
Doesn't she look so happy. She loved her gifts.
I look at her and think back to me at her age. I moved out and lived on my own at 16. Different times I tell you.
About this picture.. Hubby said if I'm in the photo don't put it on your blog. I told him you like 1 inch big in it. Your so tiny no one will even notice. His reply...Oh I look skinny? Put it on your blog. LOL.
Here is a double page layout I did of Kristy.
Wayne had nick names for the girls.
One day Kristy was all upset, and told me "Mommy, Daddy's calling me names".
I asked her "What name is Daddy calling you?".
Her reply "Blue Eyes".
I had to explain to her that daddy was calling her a loving name not a mean name.
Ohhh I love the way kids think.
So I had to make a layout of it. This layout is quite dated. I just framed the photo's and cut the title out with my Coluzzel or hand cut it with a stencil. Yup I have been scrap booking for a long time. I don't even think that they sell this tool anymore. Just picture these two layouts side by side to read the full title.
1. That I am lucky enough to have raised this girl and enjoy every second with her.
2. That I got to spend the evening enjoying the company of family.
3. That Kristy loved her gift, and was very surprised by it.
4. That Spring is on its way....it was -17C this morning, but Spring has to come....its nature.
5. That my nephew and niece got to bring their baby home from the hospital, and all is fine.
5. Of all the nice, sweet comments I receive on here. It puts a smile on my face every time I see a new comment.
What are you thankful for today?