Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I made a card, and received some

Today is my FIL's wife, Joy's birthday. She turned 70 today.
I see Joy every weekend. Our camp is next door to their camp. We enjoy sitting around the camp fire chatting about life. We also share books and our views on them.
Ray, my FIL, treated everyone for supper at Applebee's, there was 13 of us for supper. Then we went back to their house for cake and gifts.
I wanted to make a Birthday card for Joy. I was rushed, I didn't even get to clean off my work table. I worked on a 4"x4" space on my table. When I was finished it I thought the card was to juvenile. So I made this one instead.
I used my new Nestabilities flower die and matching stamp set. I stamped the pink background paper with brown staz on ink. Sparkles were put on the tips of the flower petals.
Today I received this beautiful card in the mail. Nicole from http://canadiannickelscrapn.blogspot.com/ sent me a sympathy card. Isn't she so sweet. I was surprised and really touched. I really do love my blogging friends.
I received this card from Lynn. She is my friend and my Stampn Up demonstrator. Not only did she make me this card, she also made me some perogies. I really needed them at the time, living off of take out sucked, LOL.
My SIL and friend Sharon made this card. I have such caring and talented friends.
Now that I made a couple of cards I soooo want to get back into the scrap/craft room and create.
So it is Tuesday, what have you done today to make you feel proud.
1. I got into my scrap/craft room.
2. I decluttered part of the basement
3. Enjoyed an evening with family.
Your turn to share, what have you done.
Tracy

9 comments:

  1. First of all, I love your card Tracy, so beautiful, that flower is gorgeous. It was very sweet of your friends to create such beautiful cards for you......Something that made me proud today is that I created two actual cards in one day! That is a world record for me....I think I am the slowest card maker in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card you made for Joy is just beautiful! I love the glitter on the edge of the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. she looks good for 70!

    the cards look awesome... i may make some cards now! i has inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card you made is absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the card you made is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a gorgeous creation with your new nesties.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that Birthday Card! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy smokes, what a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card you made...and what a sweet thing for Nicole to do!!! (I have mail here for you....if ONLY I could get off my duff and actually post it!)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)