Saturday, August 7, 2010

Its all fun and games until someone gets stung

Today was an excellent day at camp.
We got to see a friend. Dave is from Edmonton, he lived here for awhile taking care of his dad. Then he moved back there. Last time we seen him was in 2008. He is such a sweet guy. We all enjoyed the camp fire tonight.

I think I planted my Sweet Peas and Morning Glories to late in the year. They are still growing I hope I get to see them bloom before the weather changes. I made this planter many years ago. It was in Kristy's room under her window. Her room was a garden theme then. Hubby painted it my favorite colour and it now is beside the outhouse. We only use the outhouse in the winter when the water is shut off.
Ohhh do you see a ghost? Yup its me glowing in the sunlight. I am so white I could give Edward a run for his money LOL.
I enjoyed a swim. Hubby and I swam across the lake, while Kristy and Heather played on the large air mattress.
I haven't laid in the sun and enjoyed the warmth of it for sooo long. I know how bad it is for you, but it is sure relaxing.
Now please do not click on the picture to make it bigger, you will scare yourself.
I went for many walks today. I really did enjoy the day.
Hubby and I went and picked some more blueberries.
My luck ran out picking to close to the wasps nests. Yup I got stung, and boy did it Sting. I yelled to hubby "I got stung!" as I was running towards him. He yells "Are the following you?" Luckily only one flew up my Capri's and couldn't get out I guess.
If you look closely at the sting it looks like tiny lines are coming out from the spot. It reminds me of movies when they are infected.

But look at all these scrumptious berries. I think it was worth it. Don't you?

I enjoyed my Saturday, I hope you enjoyed yours as well.

Tracy

3 comments:

  1. Ouch. They look like vampire bites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! That looks like it hurts! But it does look like you had a wonderful weekend.

    ~blessings

    Dorcas
    4sweetangels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - you are a brave soul. I'd STILL be screaming. I'm a big wimp when it comes to any kind of insect bite or sting. (I got my FIRST mosquito bite in FIVE YEARS last week, and I'm still whining about it!)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)